This position requires the cost accounting technical knowledge to provide financial support to Senior Supply Chain Management. This position is an integral part of the end-to-end service that the Shared Services Center Cost Team provides to the production area of the Supply Chain and is the single and only point of contact for production management for financial support and direction. The position is responsible for the timely and accurate completion of financial statements, weekly forecasts, annual budgets, invoice payments and all analyses for all manufacturing related activities for assigned production facilities. Position provides direct support to Regional Manager, Plant Managers, Directors of Finance and the OU Finance Team.
The position may prepare and/or review account reconciliations and prepares account analyses and financial reports. Included are financial statements, monthly operating reports, quarterly and year-end internal/external reporting packages, and government surveys. This position completes actual/budget/plan variance analysis on production labor, material usage, and spend variance and submits reports directly to Plant management for appropriate action. For the annual production operating budgets, this position visits and coordinates with Plant management to prepare the budget and on a monthly basis reviews all P&L and Balance Sheet variances with management.
Also, this position work with staff accountants to supply them with the technical cost knowledge needed to advance to a more senior level in the cost department. This position is responsible for the correct application of Sarbanes Oxley, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, and the Standard Accounting Manual.
• Financial statement preparation, P&L Analysis, project cost analysis, and reporting to Supply Chain Management on financial performance improvement.
• Quarterly / Annual Reporting / Governmental Surveys / Reporting & Analysis
• Weekly forecasting of operating expenses for the respective manufacturing facilities. Analyzing and reporting on the forecast to Corporate Planning Department.
• Annual Budgeting - working directly with Contract Managers to prepare the annual operating expense budget for the production facility.
• Process Improvement
• Bachelors’ Degree in Accounting or Finance
• Minimum 2 years accounting work experience in cost accounting field, including, variance analysis, internal controls, account analysis and reconciliations, and financial statement preparation.
• Firm understanding of inventory accounting and related movements.
• Firm understanding of absorption costing and variable vs. fixed expenses.
• Cost accounting Experience with an ERP or MRP system
• MBA, Masters in Accountancy, CPA or CMA preferred.
• SAP FICO and MM
• Supervisory experience
• Cost Accounting experience with large manufacturing company
• 5- 10% travel requiredCoca-Cola Refreshments is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.