Medical City Green Oaks Hospital
The Accountant Lead will be responsible for areas relating to financial reporting and management of the Accounts Payable function. This position will be responsible for developing and maintaining accounting principles, practices, and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements. The Senior Staff Accountant will supervise the Accounting Specialist and is responsible for managing the Global Physician Payments to ensure that work is properly allocated and completed in a timely and accurate manner. The position's accounting activities include balance sheet oversight, general ledger preparation, financial reporting, and support of budget and forecast activities. PRINCIPLE JOB FUNCTIONS
- Manages all processes related to Accounts Payables
- Supervises and directs Global Payment Process for Hospital and Physician Payments
- Responsible for daily deposit and oversight of Cash Controls
- Manages annual inventory process and verification of policies and procedures related to materials management
- Prepares and posts month-end journal entries and maintains the standard monthly journal checklist Prepares and maintains monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Prepares and files monthly state sales tax return
- Support Controller with monthly and quarterly SOX requirements
- Support Controller with maintenance of Fixed Asset records
- Manages contract process for non-insurance and non-physician contracts
- Collaborates with the other hospital department managers to support overall department goals and objectives
- Assist Controller with annual Cost Report Work papers and annual Tax Package
- Assist in development and implementation of new procedures and features to enhance the workflow of the department
- Support Controller with special projects and workflow process improvements
- Advises staff regarding the handling of non-routine reporting transactions.
- Handle personnel issues relating to staff conflicts, absenteeism, performance issues, etc.
Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles, financial analysis and verbal, interpersonal and quantitative skills is required. Completion of a Bachelors degree in accounting preferred. FUNCTIONAL CAPACITY
Lifting to a maximum of 20lbs. with frequent walking and carrying, pushing or pulling of objects up to 10lbs. Frequent sitting, standing, stooping, and walking. Involves the ability to work with fingers in the use of a computer and 10-key. Must be able to reach and grasp objects. Job is performed primarily inside without noticeable variations in temperature or humidity. Little or no exposure to hazards. OSHA BLOOD BORNE CATEGORY III.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom