Integrated Regional Laboratories Staff Accountant PRN (.001 FTE) Core Laboratory- Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Integrated Regional Laboratories (IRL) includes thirteen HCA hospital laboratories in Palm Beach, Broward, Dade, Saint Lucie and Okeechobee counties and one Core Laboratory in Broward County. Through the process of re-engineering and the application of leading edge automation technology, IRL has transformed laboratory operations in the HCA East Florida market into an integrated service network.
IRL is a member of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, Hospital Corporation of America. HCA Ranks on Fortune's list of Most Admired Companies for three consecutive years. In addition, HCA has also been named one of Ethisphere's World's Most Ethical Companies. Join our tradition of excellence! Job Description
Under the direction of the Controller, responsible for assisting in the month end close process, financial reporting and analysis, assists in Finance department activities, including internal control compliance, budget preparation, forecast preparation, supplied inventory and fixed asset inventory. Job Responsibilities Include but are not Limited to:
Apply Online Now! Qualifications:
- Month end close responsibilities including general journal entries preparation, account analysis, account reconciliations, financial reports preparations, financial reports distribution, variance analysis and other month end assignments as needed.
- Follows up on discrepancies identified through the account reconciliation process and takes appropriate corrective action in a timely manner.
- Serves as a financial advisor to department managers, conducts monthly financial reviews with department managers answers questions from managers regarding financial activity in a clear and professional manner.
- Prepares scheduled and reports in a neat, organized logical format. Maintains complete and organized work papers.
- Provides accurate information and timely assistance to the external and internal auditors to facilitate audit completion.
- Ability to analyze date completely, accurately, and within established timeframes.
- Ensures that financial statements and regulatory reports are prepared in accordance with established internal deadlines and regulatory reporting requirements.
- Assists with budget and forecast preparation.
- Assists with supplies and fixed assets physical inventories in accordance with Finance policies and procedures.
- Assists with internal control assessment, documentation, and remediation.
- 4 year/Bachelor's degree required
- 1-3 years accounting work experience required
- 1-3 years clinical laboratory setting preferred
- Microsoft Excel and Access proficiency is preferred
- Accounts Payable skill set required
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced environment.
- Must be proficient using computers and multiple programs