Job Location: United States : Florida : Tampa
This team member will be responsible for preparing monthly, quarterly and annual investment reporting, primarily for fixed income and equity securities, on multiple basis including U.S. GAAP and U.S. Statutory. These reports will be included in the 10-Q, 10-K, monthly financial statements, footnotes, MD&A, QFS, annual subsidiary financial statements and audits. This team member also analyzes researches and adjusts for ledger to sub ledger differences. This team member participates in special projects related to process improvements, process flow and system issues to prevent risk of inaccurate reporting.
- Prepare securities disclosures in the 10-K, 10-Q, QFS, and stand-alone audited financial statements for both GAAP & STAT.
- Respond to questions from external and internal auditors, middle office and financial reporting teams regarding securities reporting.
- Provide information for Annual and Quarterly GAAP basis surveys.
- Design and implement new analysis reports as needed by Investment CFO or middle office.
- Lead process improvements to further automate reporting and eliminate errors in system reports.
- Assist with the integration of acquired entities into existing reporting functionality.
- Implement new accounting pronouncements or disclosure requirements.
- Prepare and update submission files for accounting pronouncements or disclosure requirements.
- Bachelor degree in Accounting, Finance or other related fields
- Minimum of 3 years accounting, reporting, analytics or finance experience required
- Knowledge of GAAP & STAT accounting
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills required (macros, pivot tables and advanced formulas)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Access preferred
- Experience with financial reporting systems
- Expert data management skills
- Investment experience preferred
Accounting Reporting & Analytics
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.