Job Location: United States : North Carolina : Charlotte
In January 2016, MetLife announced a plan to pursue the separation of a substantial portion of its U.S. Retail segment. Once separated, the new business will be called Brighthouse Financial.
Brighthouse Financial will serve customers the way they want, need and deserve. It will focus on eliminating the complexity, confusion and cost that can get in the way of many Americans who are seeking financial security. We will bring products to the market that add value to our customers’ lives, and will be guided by a common set of values that focus on the customer and drive accountability.
Brighthouse Financial is seeking high-performing team members who are passionate about the company’s mission. We are laser-focused on adding value to our customers and minimizing complexity in every decision and action. We are building high performing teams who set the bar high and hold each other accountable.
This opportunity allows coordination with internal stakeholders for information reported (i) within SEC filings for SEC registrants and (ii) within GAAP financial statements for non-public entities, as well as analysis of such information for completeness and accuracy.
- Preparation of documentary support for all reported information, which includes business data, core financial statements, footnote disclosures, schedules and XBRL tagging, as applicable
- Assist with collection of, and preparation of support for, ad hoc requests
- Assist with other quarterly and year-end reporting tasks, such as status assessments, submission and production tracking, metrics, due diligence over internal controls and key information
- Involvement in project management whereby financial reporting objectives are continuously evaluated in relation to ongoing projects and changes in accounting guidance.
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or a similar field of expertise
- Experience in financial reporting, SEC reporting or public accounting preferred
- 3+ years of experience in financial reporting, with SEC reporting preferred
- Knowledge and experience in external reporting (e.g., standard reporting, ad hoc reporting, slice-and-dice and drill-down reporting) to perform detailed analysis of financial statements
- Knowledge and experience in external statutory and regulatory reporting requirements
- Proficient in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, PeopleSoft/Cubus (or similar general ledger application)
- Completion of, or working towards, CPA or MBA highly desired
- Knowledge and experience working with life insurers financial statements preparation and supervision a plu
Up to 10%
Retail – Financial External Reporting
A little about us:
MetLife offers life insurance, disability income insurance, car insurance, employee benefits and more.