Job Location: United States : Florida : Tampa
In January 2016, MetLife announced a plan to pursue the separation of a substantial portion of its U.S. Retail segment. Once separated, the new business will be called Brighthouse Financial.
Brighthouse Financial will serve customers the way they want, need and deserve. It will focus on eliminating the complexity, confusion and cost that can get in the way of many Americans who are seeking financial security. We will bring products to the market that add value to our customers’ lives, and will be guided by a common set of values that focus on the customer and drive accountability.
Brighthouse Financial is seeking high-performing team members who are passionate about the company’s mission. We are laser-focused on adding value to our customers and minimizing complexity in every decision and action. We are building high performing teams who set the bar high and hold each other accountable.
This role is responsible for the preparation and analysis of quarterly and annual statutory financial statements (inclusive of footnotes, exhibits and schedules) for filings with the NAIC, licensed states and other jurisdictions and rating agencies. This role provides support to external and internal auditors.
- STAT Quarterly & Annual Financial Statements (Blue Book) inclusive of Footnotes, Exhibits and Schedules
- Annual Audited STAT Financial Statements
- Annual STAT Management’s Discussion & Analysis
- Compilation of STAT data to be presented in GAAP filings
- Responsible for various ad-hoc regulator/examiner requests
- Preparation and analysis of internal management reports for presentation to audit committee and board members
- Assists in implementing changes in accounting/reporting necessary to comply with any changes in accounting regulations.
- Compilation of functional team and line of business analytics into legal entity store
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or a similar field of expertise
- Completion of, or working towards CPA or MBA highly desired
- 3+ years of experience in accounting, finance or a similar field of expertise
- Knowledge and experience in external reporting (e.g., standard reporting, ad hoc reporting, slice-and-dice and drill-down reporting) to perform detail analysis on financial statements to tell consolidated P&L and balance sheet stories
- Knowledge and experience in external statutory and regulatory reporting requirements
- Knowledge and experience in working with general ledgers, industry reconciliation tools and Microsoft tools (e.g. Excel, PowerPoint)
- Proficient in Excel, Word, Powerpoint, PeopleSoft/Cubus (or similar general ledger application)
Americas – Retail – Financial External Reporting