Accounting Advisor - Financial Reporting
Company: EMC is now part of Dell Technologies
Posted: December 17, 2016
Reference ID: 16000SNF
Founded in 1997, Dell Financial Services facilitates customer financing of products and services sold by Dell through financing solutions for home and small businesses, educational institutions, and medium and large business customers. Our mission is "to deliver financing solutions that enable and enrich the Dell customer experience."
Accounting Advisor, Financial Reporting - Round Rock, TX
This role is mainly to assist with the accounting close process and preparation of Dell Financial Services (DFS) Financial Statements. This person will work closely with the team and other DFS Accounting teams to review, and ensure the correctness of the financial statements as it pertains to DFS.
* Assist with DFS Corporate Consolidations/Eliminations entries and other month-end adjustments
* Preparation of general ledger account reconciliations
* Prepare and provide clear and understandable flux commentaries on Balance Sheet movements
* Assist in the preparation of quarterly reporting related to DFS Financial Results, such as external 10Q/10K Disclosures, and Consolidated Financial Results (CFR)
* Interprets generally defined practices and methods
* Recognizes and acts on inconsistencies in data or results and escalates unusual problems
* Offer ideas to help streamline/simplify/automate existing processes
* The ideal candidate for this position will have 7-10 years of experience in accounting.
* Most work is performed in situations requiring both strong individual contribution and effective teamwork.
/With more than 100,000 team members globally, we promote an environment that is rooted in the entrepreneurial spirit in which the company was founded. Dell’s team members are committed to serving our communities, regularly volunteering for over 1,500 non-profit organizations. The company has also received many accolades from employer of choice to energy conservation. Our team members follow an open approach/
*/Why work with us?/*
-Life at Dell means collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for technology.
-When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution.
-Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships.
-We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential.
-Our team members’health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work.
*/Dell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind:/*/ Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages./
**Job:** **Accounting - Finance*
**Title:** *Accounting Advisor - Financial Reporting*
**Location:** *TX-Round Rock*
**Requisition ID:** *16000SNF*