Accounting Analyst, Shared Services (Job Number: 024549)
Danville Leased Office Space - 1901 E VOORHEES ST
1901 E VOORHEES ST
This is a very exciting time at Walgreens. We're taking our products and services to the four corners of the world as part of the Retail USA division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. Walgreens Boots Alliance was formed through the combination of Walgreens and Europe's Alliance Boots in December 2014, bringing together two leading companies with iconic brands, complementary geographic footprints, shared values and a heritage of trusted health care services dating back more than 100 years each.
Today, Walgreens is the neighborhood drugstore and retailer that makes health and happiness simpler, easier and within reach. And, we remain a trusted wellness provider offering convenient access to important health services, such as immunizations and an array of pharmacy services that can help patients improve their health. To our team members, Walgreens represents a unique opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment.
Join us at Walgreens and find yourself at a place where innovation thrives and incredible career and growth opportunities await. We offer the chance to work in a truly supportive environment and be part of a progressive organization dedicated to the well-being of our customers, employees, and the communities we all call home. Job Summary
The Accounting Analyst, Shared Services is responsible for maintaining accounts and performing other accounting related activities. Participates in preparing necessary information for financial and/or management reporting. Assists in analyzing financial and management reports to identifying trends and variances. May perform moderately complex analysis and intermediate level accounting tasks. Job Responsibilities
- Monitors timeliness of external sources providing required documents, information and payment. Notifies management of late items. Assists with monitoring accounts.
- Research and correction of issues and exceptions as assigned. Analyzes moderately complex accounts, records, and reports. Investigates and resolves any accounting issues within area of responsibility.
- Performs reconciliations for area supported and analyzes resulting variances. Proposes and prepares adjusting entries as necessary resulting from reconciliations.
- Prepares reports in support of internal and external audits.
- Audits compliance with contracts, negotiated terms, and applicable regulations.
- Recommends process improvements. May assist in exploring modification and implementation in changes in systems and procedures.
- Perform data mining activities and root cause analysis as assigned.
- Contacts internal and external departments to obtain required information, documents, or payments.
- Monitors and audits own and others work for accuracy and timeliness.
Qualifications Basic Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree and at least 2 years of experience in an analytical role in accounting, finance, business management or auditing OR High School Diploma/GED and at least 5 years of experience in an analytical role in accounting, finance, business management or auditing.
- Knowledge of applicable regulations.
- Experience providing customer service to internal and external customers, including meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Experience with analyzing and reporting data in order to identify issues, trends, or exceptions to drive improvement of results and find solutions.
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using SUM function, setting borders, setting column width, inserting charts, using text wrap, sorting, setting headers and footers and/or print scaling).
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Master's Degree in Accountancy or MBA.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business.
- CPA designation.
- Experience with project management (for example: planning, organizing, and managing resources to bring about the successful completion of specific project goals and objectives).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example: applying a theme, formatting character spacing, inserting a picture, changing slide layout and theme colors, adding transitions, customizing slide numbers, changing chart style and/or formatting font).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Access (for example: designing and creating simple queries, modifying data types, adding dates, working with required fields and/or creating labels).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: inserting headers, page breaks, page numbers and tables and/or adjusting table columns).
- Insurance billing and collections experience.
A little about us:
The training you received, the discipline you embraced, and the responsibilities you held in the military will serve you well at Walgreens.