Primary responsibility will be to assist in the preparation and filing of all personal property tax returns, the screening and reconciliation of all personal and real property tax assessments, the recording of all personal and real property tax payments and all accounting functions following standard procedures within the assigned department. This position will interact with Shared Service Center personnel, Corporate Tax and outside vendors in an advisory role to provide assistance and support when needed.
- Provide accounting assistant clerical accounting functions to the property tax department.
- Assign assessor account numbers in PTMS to ensure proper payment is coded to the county, city, ISDN, school district, etc.
- Assist Specialist I with the verification of equipment data for proper jurisdiction and account assignment
- Assist Specialist I with preparation of personal property tax returns
- Process and print cover letters and mailing labels for the returns
- Move the final return to the M drive to be filed
- Copy the returns to the mail queue to be printed
- Provide directions to the team for the proper setup for processing returns for mailing
- Assist team for verifying addresses on the vending returns to ensure the returns are being mailed to the correct address
- Assist team with creating the personal and real check request uploads for processing payments to accounts payable.
- Assist Financial Analyst I with reconciling personal and real assessments from the proper authorities (assessors),
- Post personal and real tax assessments to ensure payments can be posted
- Move personal property assets to correct locations from the documentation provided by the assessors
- Post personal and real property tax payments
- Create personal and real property check request for processing payments to accounts payable
- Export personal property and real check request and send to Accounting manager for payment process to be approved
- Maintain vendor updates for personal and real property
- Other duties, special projects as assigned
Education: High School - GED or Diploma required / some college preferred
- SAP R/3 experience preferred.
- 1+ years relevant experience
- Planning and organizational skills preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Customer Service experience preferred.
- Analytical skills preferred
- Experience in the beverage industry is a plus
- Team Skills/Collaboration: ability to work effectively in a team environment and across teams where necessary, to develop relationships throughout the company and to work collaboratively.
- Project Focus: Ensures the progress and timely completion of designated projects.
- Attention to Detail: Ensures that all necessary steps are taken to perform tasks in a quality manner; effectively proof and edit work.
- Professionalism: Handles issues with confidentiality and diplomacy.
- Flexibility: Adapts behavior in dealing with changing situations and people. Is open-minded and adjust priorities in response to unanticipated events.
- Willing and able to adjust work schedule to accommodate overtime to meet required deadlines
Coca-Cola Refreshments is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.