More information about this job:OVERVIEW:
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco. SUMMARY OF JOB PURPOSE:
Maintain accounts receivable and payable status as expected by Accounting Manager. Communicate issues from the sales office and the supplier community to supervisor. Ability to analyze supplier problems to create a more streamline process. Accuracy, attention to detail, and the ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment are essential. Provide back-up support to fellow co- workers. Must be reliable, dependable and a team player.
This position will be located at, Sysco Produce 1622 Moffett Street Salinas California 93905. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Includes, but not limited to, the following. Other duties may be assigned as necessary.
- Reconciling and vouchering open purchase orders by 14 days by following up on orders on a daily basis.
- Researching and resolving supplier problems pertaining to short paid or un-paid invoices. Providing suppliers access to the SWIS electronic storage system and ACH-direct deposit payments.
- Researching and resolving aging invoices that cannot be matched with a
- Purchase order.
- Ensuring that supplier send electronic invoices by 7 days.
- Researching, resolving, and processing all BSCC Claims.
- Processing freight invoices.
- Processing supplier credits on closed purchase orders.
- Providing customer service to SYSCO Operating Companies.
- Researching and resolving shipper problems on closed purchase orders.
- Resolving blue lined files by months.
- Handling miscellaneous projects delegated by the Accounting Manager.
- Providing backup support when and where needed, i.e. front phone, scan
- Desk, open order report, ordering supplies, and mail (open, distribute, file).
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Solid organization, problem solving, math and follow up skills.
- Working knowledge of PC and software (Excel, Spreadsheets, Word processing, and Outlook).
- 10 key by touch.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize. Position Requirements:
- USER-DEFINED ORGANZATIONAL RELATIONSHIPS: Frequently interacts with the following: Interfaces with corporate personnel at all levels, department members, operating company personnel, and suppliers.
Bachelor degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Food service background and broad knowledge of food products is helpful. LANGUAGE SKILLS:
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. One must have the ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. And also have the ability to effectively present information in written form and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public. MATHEMATICAL SKILLS:
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Be able to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry. REASONING ABILITY
: Have the ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Must have a minimum typing speed of 60 words per minute, shorthand preferable, a good knowledge of business machinery and office procedures, and computer literacy including Microsoft software. PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, Distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while perfom1ing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunityis available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.