We are Farmers!
Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world. Start your career at Farmers today! Job Summary
Provides business application and processing expertise throughout the development life cycle of new applications, projects and production defect resolutions. Interprets and analyzes business requirements to develop appropriate test plans. Executes various testing processes to assure the quality of new or modified applications in multiple environments utilizing company standard testing tools. Performs under aggressive deadlines and is subject to heavy workloads. Regularly requires working outside normal business hours. Essential Job Functions
- Analyzes business requirements and assists in defining the test parameters.
- Contributes to business, development and testing requirements reviews.
- Writes detailed project test cases based on requirements outlined in technical documents.
- Incorporates business and technical requirements into objectives that exercise new and existing functionalities of multiple Accounting on-line applications.
- Works with the lead tester and other experienced testers to develop strategy for addressing issues with project requirements with appropriate business owners and developers.
- Creates and maintains hard copy or on-line files that will document proper test objective set-up and results have been achieved.
- Evaluates test plans prepared by functional testers or other business partners.
- Creates or locates appropriate test data that will meet the requirements for individual test scenarios.
- Records and executes moderate to complex test scenarios, comparing actual results with expected results, and analyzes any discrepancies that occur.
- Identifies, documents, and tracks all system or application defects, providing complete details and attaching documents relevant to defect resolution.
- Retests duplicate scenario once programming changes have been completed.
- Prioritizes daily and monthly work assignments, communicating level of progress on test objectives, defects, and other testing metrics to the Team Lead.
- Provides technical advice and assistance to other testers, as required.
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned.
- Promotes safety at all times and complies with safety/ergonomic standards as outlined in relevant company published manuals.
Required job duties are essentially sedentary in nature, consisting of occasion walking, standing, lifting and/or carrying ten pounds maximum, seeing, speaking, and hearing. Physical Environment
Required job duties are normally performed in a climate-controlled office environment. Education Requirements
Bachelors Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field required. Experience Requirements Special Skill Requirement
Proficiency in Excel and Word preferred. Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.
A little about us: