Under general supervision of the designated Accounting Manager responsible for receiving posting and depositing all accounts receivable. Prepares all financial reports and performs general accounting and bookkeeping practices in order to achieve departmental goals and objectives.
- Responsible for preparing all receivables for bank deposit by endorsing checks and completing all deposit slips.
- Receives and posts customer payments to general ledger.
- Responsible for balancing account ledgers and prepares customer's regularly-scheduled statement to reflect amount due.
- Maintains general ledger files.
- Researches and resolves customer problems relative to accounting or bookkeeping issues; may interact directly with customer if necessary.
- Receives and replies to requests for customer credit ratings; may elevate unusual credit cases to Financial Services Manager for handling.
- Prepares daily financial summary reports such as sales total discounts given and total deposits made.
- Prepares monthly financial summary reports such as A/R summary tax summary productivity report unearned discount and credit reports.
- Maintains and disburses petty cash account.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Requires broad training in fields such as business administration accountancy sales marketing computer sciences or similar vocations generally obtained through completion of a four year bachelor's degree program or equivalent combination of experience and education. Normally requires two (2) to four (4) years directly related and progressively responsible experience.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Knowledge of general accounting principles
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Good negotiating skills
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills
- Strong organizational skills; attention to detail
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word Excel and PowerPoint