Accounting Clerk (Job Number: 024690)
Central Pharmacy Operations-Tempe - Str03397 - 8350 S RIVER PKWY
8350 S RIVER PKWY
This is a very exciting time at Walgreens. We're taking our products and services to the four corners of the world as part of the Retail USA division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. Walgreens Boots Alliance was formed through the combination of Walgreens and Europe's Alliance Boots in December 2014, bringing together two leading companies with iconic brands, complementary geographic footprints, shared values and a heritage of trusted health care services dating back more than 100 years each.
Today, Walgreens is the neighborhood drugstore and retailer that makes health and happiness simpler, easier and within reach. And, we remain a trusted wellness provider offering convenient access to important health services, such as immunizations and an array of pharmacy services that can help patients improve their health. To our team members, Walgreens represents a unique opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment.
Join us at Walgreens and find yourself at a place where innovation thrives and incredible career and growth opportunities await. We offer the chance to work in a truly supportive environment and be part of a progressive organization dedicated to the well-being of our customers, employees, and the communities we all call home.
Walgreens is an equal opportunity employer. Women, veterans, and minorities are encouraged to apply
- Assist with basic bookkeeping functions
- Enter and reconcile general ledger information
- Assist in accounts receivables
- Process accounts payable information
- Update daily sales reports
- Collection letters to customers
- Communicate with vendors and corporate personal via email and telephone
- Time/Attendance and payroll functions
- Other duties as needed
Qualifications Minimum Qualifications:
Desired Qualifications ( preferred but not necessary) :
- Strong math skills
- Accounting/bookkeeping experience, i.e., invoicing systems, ledger researching, accounts receivable/payable
- Attention to detail and process
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality
- Self starter, demonstrated initiative and proven problem solving skills
- Flexibility to work various hours including overtime as needed
- Good written communication skills
- Intermediate level Excel abilities
- Good attendance record
- Minimum age 18 with GED or High School Diploma
- Previous experience with PROMISE/INTERCOM, and the Kronos system.
- Experience using MS Word and Outlook
- 10 key by touch
A little about us:
The training you received, the discipline you embraced, and the responsibilities you held in the military will serve you well at Walgreens.