Accountemps has an exciting opportunity for an Accounting Clerk!!! In this role, you will be responsible for matching invoices to purchase orders and/or vouchers, data entry and assisting in the process of Accounts Payable (A/P) and Accounts Receivable (A/R). This dynamic team environment offers you a great work space/office, excellent benefits and great career advancement opportunity. This position reports to the Accounting Manager. Please apply today if you are interested!
• Support accounts payable: vendor invoices and disbursement filing, A/P invoice matching & filing
• Support Accounts Receivable: process daily invoices/credit, apply cash receipt, help with collection of past due balance
• General accounting and administration support: help with G/L account reconciliation and month-end closing, other ad hoc projects
• Correct transaction documents, which may require revision of other documents or entries as well as the original; may initiate other actions
• Code documents that require knowledge in determining proper classification of expenditure codes and accounting codes.
• Prepare statements and reports that require utilization of a variety of sources
• Post financial information to journals, registers, and ledgers, manually or by electronic equipment
• Reconcile discrepancies by checking all possible sources of disagreement, reconstructing probable actions, and recognizing the effect on other accounts; prepare correction documents as required
• Assist in budgetary control by monitoring budgets and originating or verifying adjustments and transfers
• Perform other related duties and participate in special projects as assigned
• Excellent data entry skills
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel
• Ability to multi-task and attention to detail are critical
• Entry-level considered
Candidates with experience, please apply online: www.roberthalf.com/baton-rouge
Accountemps matches highly skilled professionals with accounting finance jobs at the best companies on a temporary and temporary-to-hire basis. Our mission is to provide you with a rewarding finance or accounting job that is well matched to your professional skills – helping you to advance in your career. Our experience, combined with the resources of our worldwide network of offices, makes Accountemps a great resource for your career. We offer excellent opportunities to find temporary accounting and finance jobs for all experience levels. From accounting clerks and bookkeepers to accounts payable and staff accountants, we can provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities. But don't take our word for it. Our company once again was named to FORTUNE magazine's list of "World's Most Admired Companies" and was the highest-ranked staffing firm (March 1, 2016), and 9 out of 10 of our customers would recommend our service to a colleague.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vet
A little about us:
Founded in 1948, Robert Half (NYSE: RHI) is the world's first and largest specialized staffing services firm.