Location: Lewiston, Maine
Posted: February 02, 2017
Reference ID: 1517251769
Adecco, a division of the world leader in the recruitment of office and finance professionals is currently recruiting for a Accounting Clerk in Lewiston, ME
This opportunity is working with one of our premier clients.
Apply Now if you meet the qualifications listed below!
Position: Accounting Clerk
Location: Lewiston, ME
Hours: MF 8:30am - 4:30pm
JOB DESCRIPTION: The main function of an accounting clerk is to compute, classify, and record numerical data to keep financial records complete. A typical accounting clerk is responsible for a wide range of technology and can work in areas closely related to computers.
- Classify, record, and summarize numerical and financial data to compile and keep financial records, using journals and ledgers or computers.
- Calculate, prepare, and issue bills, invoices, account statements, and other financial statements according to established procedures.
- Debit, credit, and total accounts on computer spreadsheets and databases, using specialized accounting software.
- Verifying accounts in multiple systems and repairing tickets in monetary transactions
- Verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail, and critical thinking.
- Ability to work independently and manage ones time.
- Knowledge of federal, state, and company policies, procedures and regulations as related to accounting.
- Previous experience with computer applications, such as Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, and any other related accounting software.
- Attention to detail
- Ability to multitask
- Proficient in MS Office - Focus on Excel
NICE TO HAVES:
- Banking experience
- Accounting background
- Loan experience
- Strong communication skills
- High school diploma or GED required
- Associate's degree in accounting or related financial discipline preferred.
- 5-7 years financial and/or accounting experience preferred.
HOW TO APPLY:
Candidates interested in this position you should apply immediately. Please click on the "Apply Now" button to fill out your application. If you have any questions, you can contact Cheri Rankin via email at Cheri.Rankin@adeccona.com
Important information: This position is being recruited for by Adecco's National Recruitment Center, not your local Adecco Branch Office. To be considered for this position, you must use the "apply now" button to submit your resume. If you have questions about the position, you may contact the recruiter recruiting for this position listed above. For other opportunities available at Adecco go to www.adeccousa.com.
The Adecco Group is a global leader in HR services. Our group connects over 700,000 associates with our business clients each day through our 6,600 offices in over 70 countries and territories around the world. We offer employment opportunities at any stage in your professional career. Contact us today to discuss available contract and direct hire positions. Adecco Group offers benefits including Holiday, 401(k), Insurance Benefit Plans and Service/Anniversary Bonus opportunities.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled