Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter .
Aramark's leisure group specializes in lodging, recreation, conference centers and meeting services. The scope of our operations includes lodging, conference and meeting space, houseboats and other marine activities, retail merchandise, casual and fine dining experiences, and interpretive tours in some of this country's most pristine protected lands and national parks. We have been active partners with the National Park Service for over 20 years, providing high-quality visitor services in numerous locations across the United States. We are one of the nation's leading managers of conference centers with a strong focus on customer experience. We are considered a premier provider of professional services by clients and competition alike, committed to providing high-quality recreation, hospitality and authentic experiences to clients and visitors from all over the world. Description Position Summary:
Will be responsible for accounting for sales, inventory and expenses (accounts payable). Will be responsible for data input and analyzing the data, problem solving, looking for variances and audit processes. Will assist with training of cashiers and may assist with concessions business. This position is estimated at 32 hours per week with up to 4 weeks of down time a year due to university closures. Essential Functions:
Status and Scope:
- Ability to work in an office atmosphere that requires a team effort to successfully complete the task.
- Ability to communicate in a professional and articulate manner.
- Will attain the ability to access and run reports on a daily basis from revenue systems on property that comprise DockMaster Software, Springer Miller Systems (Host, POS, Touch), Retail Pro Software.
- Will be responsible for maintaining balanced Inter-component accounts #769.01, 769.10, 769.57 on a weekly basis.
- Assist in the successful completion of the previous days revenue reporting.
- Know and comply with all company policies and procedures regarding safety, security, emergencies and energy
- Report to work on time and in complete uniform
- Other duties as assigned
Reports to the Property Controller. This position requires the ability to sift through the daily work sent from the various components, whether they be fuel, retail, rental, tour, or lodging; and compile an accurate and complete daily revenue report. Qualifications Qualifications:
- Read, Speak, Write and Understand the English Language fluently.
- Previous experience in the bookkeeping or accounting field.
- High School Degree.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be over 18 with a valid driver's license.
- Work in an office environment that entails weekly and monthly reporting deadlines.
- Previous accounting experience highly desired.
- Associative Degree in Business or Accounting preferred.
Adding Machine, Computer, Photocopier, Printer, Telephone Travel Requirements: Little or no travel required (less than 10%) Lifting Requirements:
LIGHT - Lifting 20 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying objects up to 10 pounds
A little about us:
At Aramark, we believe that each of our employees can play an important role in creating the great experiences that become lasting memories.