Job Location: United States : North Carolina : Charlotte
In January 2016, MetLife announced a plan to pursue the separation of a substantial portion of its U.S. Retail segment. Once separated, the new business will be called Brighthouse Financial.
Brighthouse Financial will serve customers the way they want, need and deserve. It will focus on eliminating the complexity, confusion and cost that can get in the way of many Americans who are seeking financial security. We will bring products to the market that add value to our customers’ lives, and will be guided by a common set of values that focus on the customer and drive accountability.
Brighthouse Financial is seeking high-performing team members who are passionate about the company’s mission. We are laser-focused on adding value to our customers and minimizing complexity in every decision and action. We are building high performing teams who set the bar high and hold each other accountable.
Coordination with internal stakeholders for information reported (i) within SEC filings for SEC registrants; (ii) within GAAP financial statements for non-public entities; (iii) within the Annual Report, registrations statements and other filings with the SEC, as well as analysis of such information for completeness and accuracy
- Preparation of documentary support for all reported information, which includes business data, core financial statements, footnote disclosures, schedules and XBRL tagging, as applicable
- Assist with collection of, and preparation of support for, ad hoc requests, as well as information included in presentations and/or presented to the audit committee or board of directors
- Assist with other quarterly and year-end reporting tasks, such as status assessments, submission and production tracking, metrics, due diligence over internal controls and key information
- Involvement in project management whereby financial reporting objectives are continuously evaluated in relation to ongoing projects and changes in accounting guidance
- Knowledge and experience in external reporting (e.g., standard reporting, ad hoc reporting, slice-and-dice and drill-down reporting) to perform detailed analysis of financial statements
- Knowledge and experience in external statutory and regulatory reporting requirements
- Knowledge and experience in working with general ledgers, industry reconciliation tools and Microsoft tools (e.g. Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience in financial reporting, SEC reporting or public accounting preferred
- 5+ years of experience in financial reporting, with SEC reporting preferred
- Completion of, or working towards, CPA or MBA highly desired
- Knowledge and experience working with life insurers financial statements preparation and supervision a plus
- In order to post for this position, you need the proper work authorization to work in the country where the position is located and not require relocation assistance.
Americas – Retail – Financial External Reporting
A little about us:
MetLife offers life insurance, disability income insurance, car insurance, employee benefits and more.