Job Location: United States : Florida : Tampa
This position is primarily responsible for the preparation and review of GAAP financial statements, footnote preparation, XBRL tagging review and all projects related to (1) process improvement, (2) enhanced reporting and (3) technical research, each of which is instrumental in the timely and accurate presentation of GAAP financial statements. The position requires an understanding of SEC/GAAP reporting and period-ending reporting processes and procedures. This individual must work closely with other reporting teams.
- Assist in the annual and quarterly preparation of GAAP financial statements for two SEC registrants and annual reporting for various subsidiaries. This includes the preparation and review of footnotes and XBRL support for various companies. Additionally, the position will be involved in the review of SEC documents, the completion of disclosure checklists and the coordination with various areas of the organization including our internal and external auditors.
- The SEC filings include Forms 10-K, 10-Q and 8K.
- Respond to other reporting requirements as necessary to support the reporting process and business decisions.
- Recommend and implement process improvements.
- Assist in the preparation and resolution of on-going ad hoc requests and projects.
- 4 to 7+ years of experience highly desired.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting preferred.
- Accounting and SEC regulatory reporting experienced required
- Public accounting highly preferred
- Candidate must have strong oral and written communication, analytical and interpersonal skills and be able to interact in an effective manner with all levels of personnel.
- Time management and documentation skills are considered vital for this role.
- Requires an attention to detail.
- Requires a high degree of professionalism, sound judgment and discretion in communications with internal and external parties.
- Candidate should possess strong facilitation skills with the ability to effectively communicate and build professional working relationships with functional area representatives and associates.
- Public Accounting experience
- Accounting and SEC Regulatory Reporting experience
Financial Management Group – FACT – Reporting
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.
A little about us:
MetLife offers life insurance, disability income insurance, car insurance, employee benefits and more.