Job Location: United States : New York : New York
To produce accurate and timely SEC filings, in the most efficient manner, while also exceeding the expectations for quality in financial reporting.
The position requires an understanding of SEC/GAAP reporting and period-ending reporting processes and procedures. This individual must work closely with other reporting teams and is responsible for the successful support of and interaction with, each line of business controller, the technical accounting group, legal departments, investor relations and all functional areas providing financial data. The position is responsible for coordination and effective interaction with the internal and external auditors. This is critical when meeting the internal and external reporting requirements and deadlines.
The focus of this position is to manage various aspects of financial reporting for the SEC/GAAP reporting team in New York.
- Assist in the annual and quarterly preparation of the SEC filings for its SEC registrants, to meet all reporting requirements and filing deadlines. This includes the preparation and review of SEC documents, the completion of disclosure checklists and the coordination with various areas of the organization including our internal and external auditors.
- The SEC filings include Forms 10-K, 10-Q and 8K, Proxy Statement, Annual Report, various registration statements and others.
- Assist in the preparation and review of the forepart sections in the 10-K/10-Q (i.e. Business, Management’s Discussion and Analysis, etc.)
- Assist in the review and validation of the accuracy of all financial information provided to internal and external parties (i.e. presentations, financial communications, press releases etc.).
- Assist and/or respond to other reporting requirements as necessary to support the reporting process and business decisions.
- Ensure compliance with SOX regulations over internal controls over financial reporting.
- Recommend and implement process improvements.
- Assist in the preparation of on-going ad hoc requests and various special projects/transactions (i.e. mergers and acquisitions, debt/security offerings, etc.). This coordination would include face-to-face interaction with various levels of management across different departments within the organization.
- 3 to 5 years of experience required (which includes some direct or indirect managerial experience).
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and Master’s degree and/or CPA designation highly preferred.
- Public accounting and/or SEC/GAAP reporting experience highly preferred.
- Candidate must have strong oral and written communication, analytical and interpersonal skills and be able to interact in an effective manner with all levels of personnel.
- Time management and documentation skills are considered vital for this role.
- Requires a high degree of professionalism, sound judgment and discretion in communications with internal and external parties.
- The ability to work independently as well as in team environment, while managing multiple assignments simultaneously
SEC Regulatory Reporting
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers
A little about us:
MetLife offers life insurance, disability income insurance, car insurance, employee benefits and more.