Job Location: United States : Florida : Tampa
This position reports to the manager of the Derivatives GAAP Accounting and Financial Reporting team, which is responsible for the GAAP accounting and financial reporting related to MetLife Inc.’s investments in derivatives and other complex financial instruments
- Responsible for GAAP accounting research for new guidance and existing derivative strategies.
- Responsible for GAAP and STAT accounting for multiple derivative instruments.
- Responsible for preparation of quarterly and annual GAAP financial disclosures.
- The derivatives program is the primary tool for managing MetLife Inc.’s exposures to changes in interest rates, foreign currency exchange rates, equity markets and credit risk across its $250 billion fixed income portfolio, $40 billion mortgage loan portfolio, various insurance liabilities such as GMXB products and its Global GIC program as well as its equity position in International Subsidiaries.
- MetLife Inc.’s use of derivatives is very diverse and sophisticated and includes the following instruments: interest rate swaps, interest rate caps, interest rate floors, foreign currency swaps, foreign currency forwards, financial forwards, financial futures, equity options and credit default swaps.
- Baccalaureate in Accounting is highly desired
- Completion or progress towards an MBA or CPA designation is a plus
- 3-5 years of accounting experience in a public company is preferred
- Working knowledge in GAAP or Statutory accounting and reporting is required
- Experience with accounting systems or software is preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and Access) is preferred
Derivative Accounting & Reporting
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.
A little about us:
MetLife offers life insurance, disability income insurance, car insurance, employee benefits and more.