We are PepsiCo
PepsiCo is one of the world's leading food and beverage companies with over $63 billion in net revenue in 2015 and a global portfolio of diverse and beloved brands. We have a complementary food and beverage portfolio that includes 22 brands that in 2015 each generated more than $1 billion in estimated annual retail sales. PepsiCo's products are sold in more than 200 countries and territories around the world. PepsiCo's strength is its people. We are over 250,000 game changers, mountain movers and history makers, scattered around the world, and united by a shared set of values and goals. We believe that acting ethically and responsibly is not only the right thing to do, but also the right thing to do for our business. At PepsiCo, we aim to deliver top-tier financial performance over the long term by integrating sustainability into our business strategy, leaving a positive imprint on society and the environment. We call this Performance with Purpose
. For more information on PepsiCo and the possibilities it holds, visit www.pepsico.com . Functional Description:
To be successful, Accounting Control members need to leverage knowledge about the business, utilize and continually develop accounting skills, and build professional relationships. Associates will gain a foundation of these functional and organizational skills through diverse critical experiences as they rotate through different functional areas over the course of their career. Because the internship program is a critical feeder of future leadership, interns are expected to develop exceptional technical, financial and business skills required of the company's rising stars.
Accounting Control is comprised of several divisions in the following key functional areas: Financial Reporting, Field Operations, Trade Spend, Supply Chain, and Foodservice Control. These divisions partner with the other teams to understand the PepsiCo results and ensure proper accounting in accordance with PepsiCo policies and US GAAP. We perform control activities, such as general ledger reviews, P&L, cash flows, balance sheet reviews, and other required reporting on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis. Associates will get experience in these areas as they progress through their careers. What you can expect:
A summer internship in Accounting Control at PepsiCo is an opportunity to learn the multiple facets of our beverages business and related accounting issues. The program provides intensive job assignments - as each intern will be assigned a project to solve that will require interactions with each of the functional areas discussed above. Additionally, the program is led by senior accounting professionals and mentors who are committed to developing world-class financial leaders for exciting careers. As a class, Accounting Control interns are availed of best-in-class exposure to senior leadership, education on the myriad pieces of the global PepsiCo organization, and opportunities to build relationship with fellow interns across functions. Qualifications/Requirements What we're looking for:
Minimum Qualifications - Each candidate is expected to:
- Currently pursuing a degree in: Accounting (other related majors will be considered)
- Minimum 3.0 GPA.
- Involvement in a minimum of one extracurricular activity.
- Strong ability to synthesize data, summarize information, and solve problems.
- Bright, self-starting, innovative thinkers who are passionate about what they do
- Candidates should be able to balance a bias for leadership roles with an equal propensity for working collaboratively within teams.
- Candidate should have strong leadership experience, and an interest in consumer packaged goods.
- Strong analytical, verbal, and written skills.
- Proficiency in Excel, Power Point, and key accounting system (Oracle or SAP) knowledge a plus.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability Protected Veteran:
- Graduate with Bachelor's degree within one (1) year of internship completion.
- Be eligible to work in United States without work authorization sponsorship now or anytime in the future
- Pass a drug screen and background investigation
- Please list the following on your resume:
- Location preference: Chicago, Dallas, New York
PepsiCo is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law ( http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster ) & EEO is the Law Supplement ( http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster-supplement ) documents by copying and pasting the appropriate URL in the address bar of your web browser. Relocation Eligible
Not Eligible for Relocation
Our nation’s veterans bring unbeatable life experience, job skills and leadership to PepsiCo. Together We Win.