Join our team and experience Workday!
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing. At Workday, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications. We work hard, and we're serious about what we do. But we like to have a good time, too. In fact, we run our company with that principle in mind every day: One of our core values is fun.Job Description
Workday is seeking for Accountant Intern to join our Corporate Accounting department. The ideal candidate is detailed oriented, self-starter, accurate and team player. This individual must also enjoy working in a fast-paced deadline driven environment. Workday is a provider of enterprise cloud applications for finance and human resources, one of the hottest industries in the market. Our team works hard and we are serious about what we do, but we have fun time too. One of our core values is fun.
- Process operational transactions with high level of accuracy - main areas of responsibilities include cash, prepaid expenses and intangibles
- Support the month end close procedures
- Compile and analyze financial information to prepare journal entries in compliance with GAAP
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, eg. Accounts Payable, Procurement, Accounts Receivable, Payroll, Benefit, Finance to understand the business process and collect correct information to analyze general ledger accounts
- Perform month-end general ledger account reconciliations and supporting schedules, identify measures to resolve variances
- Research new accounting guidance
- Follow established accounting control procedures and accounting policies
- Prepare schedules as requested by auditors, manager and others in group
- Perform various ad hoc projects as requested
- Working towards a 4 years degree with major in Accounting (or with an emphasis in Accounting)
- Proficiency with MS Excel
- Attention to details and accuracy
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multitask
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to learn new concepts and technology quickly
- Excellent analytical skills and problem solving
- Team player with ability to build good working relationships with co-workers
- Ability to work independently, with general direction and guidance
- Be willing to work in a fast-paced environment and collaborate with different teams
Workday is a leading provider of enterprise cloud applications for finance and human resources. Founded in 2005, Workday delivers financial management, human capital management, and analytics applications designed for the world's largest companies, educational institutions, and government agencies. Organizations ranging from medium-sized businesses to Fortune 50 enterprises have selected Workday.
Workday is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Workday are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation. Further, pursuant to applicable local ordinances, Workday will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.
A little about us:
Workday is a leading provider of enterprise cloud applications for finance and human resources. Founded in 2005, Workday delivers financial management, human capital management, and analytics applications designed for the world’s largest companies, educational institutions, and government agencies. Organizations ranging from medium-sized businesses to Fortune 50 enterprises have selected Workday.