What you’ll be doing...
This position supports general Accounting functions and reports to a Senior Accounting Manager. The utilization of IT and Accounting skills will be essential to support complex assignments and projects for the Accounting department.
- Oversees the completion of complex analytical assignments and preparation of accounting related reports.
- Supports the sr. manager with accounting, analyzing, and reporting on general ledger transactions.
- Coordinates closely with the other finance teams to ensure complete and accurate accruals and simplify processes.
- This position will also take a more leading role in the company’s efforts to comply with the requirements of Sarbanes Oxley.
- Possesses sufficient accounting acumen to review the staff's work and analyzes the output for appropriate accounting treatment, completeness and accuracy related to general accounting.
- Interacts with stakeholders from within and outside of the Accounting organization to respond in an accurate and timely fashion to inquiries related to the group’s activities.
- Maintains on‐going interaction with client groups and other functional areas relating to objectives, deliverables, resource allocation and related matters.
- Leads reviews for accuracy of journal entries, account reconciliations, and accounting classifications assigned to various records.
- Leads accounting projects to ensure compliance and adherence with controls for internal policies and external regulations.
- Directs efforts in developing, implementing, and maintaining systems, procedures and policies for the group; leverages system and technology knowledge to drive simplification efforts.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Knowledge of accounting systems and applications including SAP, PeopleSoft, CPM/Essbase, Hyperion Financial Management, and Blackline.
- Knowledge of FASB and SEC requirements, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, tax reporting and accounting practices.
- Experience using Microsoft Office, including Excel and PowerPoint.
Even better if you have:
- Master's in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, Economics.
- CPA certification or in the process of attaining the CPA certification.
- Basic knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards.
- Experienced in the design and implementation of accounting systems and applications.
- Advanced understanding of report query and design.
- Strong written and oral communications skills.
- Proven management skills.
- Demonstrated experience in continuous improvement initiatives, root cause analysis and project management.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
A little about us:
Verizon is one of the largest communication technology companies in the world.