The Senior Associate – FAO Accountant is responsible for all areas relating to financial reporting for firm’s FAO clients. This position will be responsible for adhering to accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements. The Senior Associate – FAO Accountant manages the Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable and Payroll processes and is responsible for ensuring that work is properly completed in a timely and accurate manner. This position will need to work to tight deadlines and a multitude of accounting activities, including general ledger preparation, financial reporting, year-end client tax and audit projects, and the support of budget and forecast activities.
The Senior Associate – FAO Accountant will have contact with clients and client contacts, including the client’s tax accountant and other professional service providers.
- Overall day-to-day management of financial reporting accuracy and on-time processing of client information
- Bank and other balance sheet account reconciliations
- Payroll reconciliations
- Review and approval of account classifications
- Review of G/L for any missing transactions and overall accuracy
- Management of weekly “Open Items” and “To-Be-Coded” lists, supervised/reviewed by the Controller
- Preparation of initial/draft Management Reporting Package each month, for completion by Controller
- New staff assigned “buddy” and orientation manager
- Manage the A/R, A/P and Payroll processes
- Routing of Sales Tax and other reports for preparation to appropriate parties within and outside the firm
QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE AND PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, CPA a plus
- Prior Accounting experience required that involved processing of Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and Payroll. Experience preparing payroll and sales tax returns.
- Prior experience working with ERP accounting systems strongly preferred
- Strong technology skills using Microsoft Office 2007 or later (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook at a minimum, more applications preferred)
- Experience working in a paperless environment strongly preferred
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Team player with a positive ”can-do “approach
- A general and growing knowledge of firm products and services in the practice area, and a general knowledge of products and services in other practice areas
A little about us:
The leading provider of audit, tax & consulting services focused on the middle market.