Overview: Accounting Principals is a leader in finance and accounting staffing, and with every assignment we seek to prove our value to candidates and clients. Our people-focused approach is what sets us apart.
We know that every opening is more than a job and that every candidate is more than a resume. We work closely with candidates to understand their needs and apply our industry expertise to make matches for clients that drive business results. Our ability to dynamically balance your needs with the right solutions gives both clients and candidates the right fit to achieve success.
The Vice President
manages one or more branches and is responsible for leading and overseeing the development and growth of profitable new business, the effective servicing of existing business, and the fostering of key business relationships with potential and existing clients. Collaborates with SVP to determine best overall strategies and solutions to increase sales, enhance productivity, reduce costs and improve quality. Drives the achievement of assigned sales quotas while meeting assigned expectations for profitability and ensuring client needs and expectations are satisfactorily fulfilled. Accountable for all aspects of leading and motivating a diverse team of sales and recruiting professionals.
Responsibilities: ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Mentors, coaches, and develops employees; fosters an environment that promotes teamwork and goal achievement; and ensures team is staffed effectively to meet business needs.
- Develops and executes business development, sales, pricing and marketing strategies and best practices aimed at achieving revenue, gross profit, and Economic Value Added (EVA) targets.
- Educates team members on strategies and solutions, including the launch of company initiatives, policies and procedures.
- Continually assesses the effectiveness of strategies and best practices by introducing improved service offerings, sales support and other related programs.
- Remains current on industry trends, market activities and competitors; identifies sales development and market expansion opportunities.
- Maintains and grows an individual book of business.
- Produces weekly sales reporting and forecasts, analyzes budgets, financial trends, Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), and other relevant reports and reviews with leadership.
- Oversees and drives the implementation and execution of activities related to quality, compliance, process optimization and client satisfaction.
- Leads the development and implementation of training strategies and initiatives related to solution design, continuous improvement, process management and new applications/technology; consults with Training regarding needs.
- Participates in and provides consultation on budget planning and pricing; collaborates with Finance to analyze related reports.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: MINIMUM EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
Bachelor's degree in business or a related field with a minimum of six (6) years of management experience within recruiting, sales, and/or staffing industry is required. Combination of post-high school education and related professional work experience equivalent to ten (10) years may be considered in lieu of a degree. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing.
- Advanced skills in consultatively selling, in addition to excellent interpersonal skills with executive level customers and partners.
- Knowledge of the concepts, principles, and practices of accounting, budgeting, and cost control procedures, as well as the ability to prepare and monitor budget information.
- Ability to proactively establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to interpret and apply related federal, state and local laws, ordinances, rules and regulations.
- Ability to effectively influence others at various levels within the organization.
- Ability to act accordingly under strong pressure, along with the ability to effectively manage crisis situations.
- Ability to evaluate information, identify key issues and formulate conclusions based on sound, practical judgment, experience and common sense.
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and staff to create a results-driven, team oriented environment.
- Ability to demonstrate and maintain high-level customer satisfaction.
- Ability to drive the development of sales processes and integration of automated sales and Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems and tools, such as Salesforce.com.
- Ability to establish strategic direct sales and marketing plans.
- Ability to plan and manage at both the strategic and operational levels.
- Knowledge of and the ability to apply sound leadership practices, including developing employees by inspiring, encouraging and providing constructive criticism to improve performance.
- Knowledge of training methodologies and the ability to develop and deliver technical/operational training to various levels of employees.
- Knowledge of and the ability to apply best practices and standards in sales and account management operations.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.