Overview About Aramark
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter . Description Position Summary
: The Collection Specialist is responsible for the collections of outstanding accounts receivable dollars from the existing client base and all other aspects of collections, assisting in resolving client billing problems and reducing the accounts receivable delinquency. Essential Tasks and Responsibilities:
Additional Job Functions:
- The duties of a Collections Specialist include collection calls and/or correspondence in a fast paced goal oriented collections department.
- Providing customer service regarding collection issues, process customer refunds, process and review account adjustments, resolve client discrepancies and short payments. Responsible for monitoring and maintaining assigned accounts- Customer calls, account adjustments, small balance write off, customer reconciliations and processing credit memos.
- Accountable for reducing delinquency for assigned accounts
- Perform other assigned tasks and duties necessary to support the Accounts Receivable Department.
- Enlist the efforts of sales and senior management when necessary to accelerate the collection process.
- Establish and maintain effective and cooperative working relationships with clients and Account Managers.
- Weekly and monthly reporting to direct supervisor
- Reconcile customer disputes as they pertain to payment of outstanding balances that are due
- Participate in team planning meetings
- Meet defined department goals and activity metrics
- Special accounting projects as needed
- Completion of any task requested by a supervisor or member of the Aramark management team.
No direct supervisory responsibilities Qualifications
- Collection/Customer Service Experience preferred
- Accounts Receivable knowledge/experience a plus
- Strong attention to detail, goal oriented
- Commitment to excellent customer service
- Excellent written and verbal communication abilities
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities
- Associate or Bachelor Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, or other related field preferred or equivalent experience
A little about us:
At Aramark, we believe that each of our employees can play an important role in creating the great experiences that become lasting memories.