Purpose of the Role:
The primary purpose of this role is to ensure the accurate and timely processing of moderately complex financial transactions leveraging Lowe's systems, processes, and independent judgment. This includes responsibility for ensuring the timely verification and processing of, including but not limited to, expenses, postings, and account balances as well as the maintenance of accurate records. This role provides support to the broader team as needed to assist with supervision and development of the accounting group.
• Ensures appropriate processing of financial activities (i.e. tax returns, transactions, compliance filings, journal entries,payments etc.), reconciliations, and reviews with a focus on routine activities that are less simple in nature and require some use of independent judgment
• Works with systems and processes within applicable area of operation to complete and process financial activities
• Researches transactions to identify issues and ensure they are processed correctly, providing accurate and timely resolutions for any discrepancies
• Reviews and works with external (regulatory and third party) auditors for transactions to ensure accuracy where applicable
• Serves as backup resource for Accountants, Accounting Supervisors, Assistant Managers, or Managers as needed to assist in providing guidance to their teams
• Provides escalation path for issues based on materiality and complexity of incoming inquiries
• Assists with training and mentoring the group (including lower level employees) to increase efficiency and build accounting skillset
• Communicates effectively within the team, across other functions, and with external parties to ensure alignment
• High School Diploma and 5 years of experience in accounting, finance, or related area OR Associate's Degree and 3-5 years of experience in accounting, finance, or related area
• Demonstrated understanding of basic accounting concepts (i.e. T-accounts) and financial
• Basic proficiency in MS office programs (Excel, Word, Access)
Preferred Experience: • Spend management experience highly preferred
Lowe's Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving more than 17 million customers a week in the United States, Canada and Mexico. With fiscal year 2016 sales of $65.0 billion, Lowe's and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,370 home improvement and hardware stores and employ over 290,000 people. Founded in 1946 and based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe's supports the communities it serves through programs that focus on K-12 public education and community improvement projects. For more information, visit Lowes.com.
Lowe's is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.
A little about us:
Lowe’s isn’t just a home improvement company; we’re committed to creating a culture that’s inspiring.