Are you interested in the opportunity to work for an industry-leading firm that services clients that include the Fortune 500, and will give you the experience and exposure you need to build your career and personal brand? If you are, then PwC US (PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP and its subsidiaries) may be the firm for you. We're a member of the PwC network of firms located in 157 countries with more than 184,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. PwC US helps organizations and individuals create the value for which they are looking. Our professionals are at the heart of our business strategy and success by bringing personal and professional experiences; we understand that our business is impacted by a person's personal and professional lives. PwC US recruits top talent with traditional and nontraditional backgrounds, with a focus on diversity and inclusion, so that we continue to build PwC US as a great place to work. Our people are armed with the tools-including enriching professional experiences, everyday coaching, timely and productive feedback, and high-quality learning and development opportunities-to deliver each day. We are committed to building lasting relationships and delivering value to our clients. Learn more about us at www.pwc.com/us Our Assurance practice collaborates with clients, so that the financial information they report to the investing public and other stakeholders is clear and reliable. When we fulfill our role as Assurance professionals, by standing firm on quality and integrity, we have a direct impact on how well the world's capital market system functions. Our Assurance professionals are constantly challenged to learn more in order to provide our clients with the highest quality services. This learning takes place through interaction on the job with colleagues and clients, formal training programs, and the insights provided by mentors and coaches. PwC is all about our people, encouraging high performance and quality. Join us and we will help you implement a successful career strategy, as you explore the many career opportunities in PwC Assurance.Job Description
The Assurance Support group is comprised of those functions in the Firm that support audit engagement teams and audit quality efforts. It includes:
- National Professional Services (including Audit Methodology, Risk Management, SEC Services, Auditing Services and Accounting Services Group),
- Chief Auditor Network,
- Audit Transformation Program (including Aura and GADM),
- Regulatory Relations, and
- Learning & Development. Operating under centralized leadership, these groups work collaboratively to provide timely and consistent support to engagement teams on accounting and auditing matters, helping to enhance the Firm's ability to meet greater investor expectations with the challenges of an increasingly complex business environment, and our objective of achieving sustained audit quality over the long term. The National Professional Services Group (National) consists of five teams: Auditing Services, Methods and Tools; Risk Management; SEC Services; Accounting Services Group and Operations. The National Professional Service Group's mission is to support the delivery of quality Assurance services to the market by collaborating with engagement teams and other firm resources to promote high-quality financial reporting and to inform and influence key stakeholders on important issues pertaining to the accounting profession. The Accounting Services Group
- works closely with engagement teams and clients to provide advice and counsel on accounting, financial reporting, and strategic business issues. Within ASG, many professionals' responsibilities span both US GAAP and International Financial Reporting Standards
- expertise. This facilitates serving the needs of engagement teams and clients in both the US and other countries. ASG is organized to ensure 1. a complete and up-to-date exchange of information among the consultants and in turn with engagement teams and clients, 2. consistency of advice within the firm that will benefit all our clients, 3. the ability to quickly deploy experts on specific topics, as needed, to offices and client sites to work closely with and support engagement teams in resolving complex issues, and 4. support for clients' and their subsidiaries' in evaluating the potential impact of accounting and reporting standard-setting initiatives as well as transitioning from US GAAP/local GAAP to IFRS in the US and other countries. The ASG team, in collaboration with other National teams, also keeps partners and staff abreast of developments in accounting and financial reporting and related firm policies and positions through issuance of various publications, webcasts, training sessions, and other meeting forums. This team is responsible for recognizing and analyzing key issues in accounting and financial reporting that face the firm, our clients, and the profession; for developing the firm's point of view on those issues; and for communicating our findings both inside the firm and to key external audiences. In collaboration with other National teams and other areas of the firm, the ASG team looks closely not only at the technical substance of issues but also at their business and public-policy implications, and provides guidance to support our Assurance practice and our clients in understanding and communicating these views. Recognizing the heightened public-policy implications of accounting and reporting in today's capital markets and regulatory environment, the team is responsible for developing and conveying the firm's points of view to standard setters, regulators, and professional bodies. ASG leaders are called on by the media to comment on current issues and periodically give presentation as in professional, business, and academic forums.Position/Program Requirements
Minimum Year(s) of Experience: 7
Minimum Degree Required: Bachelor's degree
Demonstrates proven intimate knowledge of, and/or success in roles directing, business combinations, consolidations issues and related matters in order to provide advice and counsel on accounting, financial reporting, and strategic business issues which includes leading and/or directing the following:
- Consulting with the Firm's partners and staff on US GAAP and IFRS topics that are of concern to clients, assessing the impact of such items from a business perspective, and sharing leading practices;
- Developing effective thought leadership initiatives such as responses to standard setters and updates of firm guidance and following accounting standard setting activities and developing related thought leadership publications;
- Presenting at, or participate in, internal and external educational forums; and,
- Serving as a liaison for the National office and broader market offices to drive knowledge-sharing.
Demonstrates extensive ability to identify and address US GAAP and IFRS matters relating to business combinations.
PwC is a network of firms in 157 countries with more than 184,000 people committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services.