CHS has an exciting opportunity in our Renewable Fuels division, working at our Annawan IL Ethanol facility. We are looking for a Logistics / Accounting Specialist to join our administration team. You must have strong analytical skills, be thorough and detail oriented, demonstrate accountability and understand the financial impact of transactions. You must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, be flexible, a creative problem solver with the ability to work in a fast paced environment and be a strong team player.You will:
Basic Qualifications: (required)
- Collaborate with the accounting, merchandisers and scale house team to ensure accuracy and consistency in contract execution and applications.
- Create shipments to apply on contracts. Understand governing contract terms involved in the various mode executions, interpret and apply accessorial charges and scales according to government regulations and contract negotiations.
- Interpret and understand the diverse requirements of origins and destination customers in order to execute business and maintain deadlines securing profitability.
- Investigate and provide accounting resolutions with customers.
- Establish relationships with customers (internal & external) to ensure accuracy of documentation, timely invoicing, collection and payment of all modes of shipments.
- Research problems or questions from all sources, complete appropriate general ledger entries.
- Build a strong rapport with other CHS offices and partnerships to establish and maintain positive working relationships to ensure successful contract execution between intercompany offices and profit centers.
- Administer accurate and timely documentation between intercompany offices, customers and corporate.
- Develop a thorough understanding of system requirements and implications of accounting information.
- Train and support the scale house on a as needed basis.
- Perform other duties as needed or assigned.
Preferred Qualifications: (desired)
- Associates degree in a business related field or 3 years of experience in a business related field
- Up to 3 years of experience interacting with internal and external customers
- Proficient with MS Excel & Word
- Ability to climb steps and lift up to 25 pounds
- Experience with accounting in an Agriculture Industry.
A little about us:
CHS is proud to offer veterans a place to grow their careers. Driven by the values of the farm families who own CHS, our employees focus on helping farmers raise healthy crops.