has an exciting opportunity in our Grain Marketing division. We are looking for an Accounting Specialist
to join our Grain Accounting group. You must have strong analytical skills, be thorough and detail oriented, demonstrate accountability and understand the financial impact of transactions. You must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, be flexible, a creative problem solver with the ability to work in a fast paced environment and be a strong team player.
Basic Qualifications: (required)
- Collaborate with merchandisers, logistics team and accounting staff to ensure accuracy and consistency in contract execution and applications.
- Create shipments to apply on contracts. Understand governing contract terms involved in the various mode executions, interpret and apply accessorial charges and scales according to government regulations and contract negotiations.
- Interpret and understand the diverse requirements of origins and destination customers in order to execute business and maintain deadlines securing profitability.
- Investigate, negotiate and provide accounting resolutions with customers. Report on customer receivable trends.
- Establish relationships with customers (internal & external) to ensure accuracy of documentation, timely invoicing, collection and payment of all modes of shipments.
- Research problems or questions from all sources, complete appropriate general ledger entries.
- Build a strong rapport with other CHS offices and partnerships to establish and maintain positive working relationships to ensure successful contract execution between intercompany offices and profit centers.
- Administer accurate and timely documentation between intercompany offices, customers and corporate.
- Develop a thorough understanding of system requirements and implications of accounting information.
- Perform other duties as needed or assigned.
- Maintain and promote a strong safety culture and follow all safety policies, procedures and regulations. Identify and communicate workplace hazards and correct or seek assistance in correcting unsafe actions or conditions.
Preferred Qualifications: (desired)
- Bachelor’s degree in a business related field
- Up to 3 years of experience interacting with internal and external customers
- Proficient with MS Excel & Word
- Grain accounting experience