Accounting Sr. Advisor
Company: EMC is now part of Dell Technologies
Posted: December 17, 2016
Reference ID: 16000W8K
Join our world-class finance and accounting organization. Help shape the success of Dell while growing your career inside an organization with one of the best training & development suites in the industry. Whether you are approaching graduation, a seasoned professional or an executive, we offer training and career growth through our intern, development, rotational and leader-based learning programs.
"Our finance organization remains focused on key tenants like controllership, business partnering and development. I am tremendously excited with the opportunities that lie before us as a team and together I am confident we can help shape the success of Dell while continuing to invest and grow our talent.” – Tom Sweet, Dell CFO
*Accounting Sr. Advisor - Round Rock, TX*
This position will support integration activities related to legacy Dell/legacy EMC cross-sell of products, sales of products between legacy legal entities in support of internal use (fixed assets/R&D) and inventory, and support ongoing projects related to new activities between the entities, including Augusta, Mozy, RSA. Focus will be primarily on intercompany revenue, intercompany COGS, intercompany billing/settlement, and intercompany elimination in the consolidated financial statements.
* Define and execute accounting for new integration-related activities. Help secure alignment between accounting/finance and other business partners for integration activities and new projects. Primary focus areas will include financial reporting (intercompany and consolidation) and controllership.
* Be expected to assist in development of new accounting processes related to integration activities and new transactions between the legal entities.
* Be expected to develop, recommend, and implement globally standard accounting procedures (systematic or manual), ensuring appropriate controls; and ensure that these processes comply with Dell’s accounting policies, processes, and control requirements.
* Be expected to assist with the development and implementation of controls processes and documentation supporting Dell's SOX requirements.
* Candidate may be qualified to support either the revenue/elimination activity required as part of these integration activities or the cost/intercompany activity required.
* BA in accounting/finance and 8 years of relevant experience, or MBA and 5 years of experience; CPA, CMA, or CPM a plus.
* Experience with a global team is preferred.
* Strategic Program participation and/or business operations experience is a plus. Important competencies include controllership, business partnering, driving results, dealing with ambiguity, as well as creating new processes
/With more than 100,000 team members globally, we promote an environment that is rooted in the entrepreneurial spirit in which the company was founded. Dell’s team members are committed to serving our communities, regularly volunteering for over 1,500 non-profit organizations. The company has also received many accolades from employer of choice to energy conservation. Our team members follow an open approach/
*/Why work with us?/*
-Life at Dell means collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for technology.
-When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution.
-Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships.
-We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential.
-Our team members’health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work.
*/Dell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind:/*/ Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages./
**Job:** **Accounting - Finance*
**Title:** *Accounting Sr. Advisor*
**Location:** *TX-Round Rock*
**Requisition ID:** *16000W8K*