Accounting Sr. Advisor
Company: EMC is now part of Dell Technologies
Posted: December 17, 2016
Reference ID: 160011J4
Founded in 1997, Dell Financial Services facilitates customer financing of products and services sold by Dell through financing solutions for home and small businesses, educational institutions, and medium and large business customers. Our mission is "to deliver financing solutions that enable and enrich the Dell customer experience."
Accounting Sr. Advisor (DFS Securitization Accounting) - Round Rock, TX
The Securitization Accounting role is responsible for the accounting and reporting relating to securitized debt. This role offers the opportunity to account and report on multiple deal structures, assist in the launch of new deal structures, and work cross functionally with multiple business partners.
* Perform accounting responsibilities related to Securitization accounting including monthly debt reporting, Journal entries, and reconciliations
* Maintain an understanding of the legal documents and structures of the securitization transactions
* Perform Servicer reporting processing and validations monthly in the Securitization system and manage related data files
* Perform system testing for system/securitization deal modifications (as needed)
* Assist Dell Treasury in setting up new securitizations (as needed)
* Work closely with the DFS Portfolio and Cash teams to understand the impacts of securitization and related reporting.
* Prepare monthly (and quarterly) reporting to Treasury Accounting
* Provide balance sheet flux explanations (as needed)
* Prepare monthly (and quarterly) reporting to DFS Financial Reporting (as needed)
* Work to streamline/gain efficiencies in current processes
* The ideal candidate for this position will have a degree in Accounting or CPA
* 5 - 8 years of experience in accounting
* Some experience in treasury, banking, or financial services.
* Most work is performed in situations requiring both strong individual contribution and effective teamwork.
/ Company Description /
/ With more than 100,000 team members globally, we promote an environment that is rooted in the entrepreneurial spirit in which the company was founded. Dell’s team members are committed to serving our communities, regularly volunteering for over 1,500 non-profit organizations. The company has also received many accolades from employer of choice to energy conservation. Our team members follow an open approach /
/ Why work with us? /
- Life at Dell means collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for technology.
- When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution.
- Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships.
- We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential.
- Our team members’ health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work.
/ Dell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: // Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. /
**Job:** **Accounting - Finance*
**Title:** *Accounting Sr. Advisor*
**Location:** *TX-Round Rock*
**Requisition ID:** *160011J4*