Accounts Payable Administrator
Posted: January 19, 2017
Reference ID: 1568715841
We are currently recruiting for an Accounts Payable Administrator for a San Diego company who will provide support to the AP and AR functions of the Accounting Department.
- Matches invoices to receiving slips, purchase orders, etc., verifying accuracy of pricing and other data and researching and resolving problems and discrepancies by interfacing with internal departments and suppliers.
- Inputs debit memos into the computer
- Processes manual and computer-generated checks and balances information.
- Reconciles all A/P accounts and related aging reports.
- Assists other Accounting personnel, when required.
- Maintains Work Instructions for all A/P tasks to ensure they reflect correct processing methods.
- Maintains W-9s for new and existing vendors.
- Thinks/Acts with the customer in mind. Committed to quality customer service with a consistent, positive, can-do attitude to both internal and external customers.
- Uses Lean thinking and problem solving techniques to identify and eliminate root problems.
- Continually looks for ways to eliminate waste and makes suggestions for improvement.
- Supports safety programs and keeps workplace clean and safe.
- Avoids shortcuts that increase the risk of accidents, personal injuries and equipment failures.
- Makes recommendations when appropriate.
- Has established a track record of producing work that is highly accurate, demonstrates attention to detail and reflects well on the organization.
- Meets commitments, accepts responsibility, and sets personal standards. Stays focused under pressure and adapts with flexibility to changing business needs.
- Adheres to attendance and punctuality requirements.
- Conveys ideas and facts in a clear and concise manner, verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrates good listening skills, seeks to understand the perspective of others.
- Works collaboratively with others throughout the organization to achieve results.
- Builds relationships, establishing mutual trust/respect with peers and management.
- Values each person's contribution to the team.
What you need to succeed in this position:
- PC Knowledge.
- Basic typing.
- 10-key calculator.
- Basic accounting knowledge.
- Pleasant telephone manner.
- 1-2 years experience
- High School Diploma