Accounts Payable Clerk
Adecco is currently seeking Accounts Payable Clerks for a leader in global business process management and services in Cumberland, RI. This individual must be self-motivated with good decision making skills, have a minimum of 2 years' experience in A/P, along with strong computer & analytical skills. This is a temporary project expected to run 3-6 months paying between $16-$17/hour.
- Check cancel and/or cancel re-issue requests from various departments.
- Complete the wire transfer disbursement form and obtain the accounting approvals to fax to finance regarding EFT rejects.
- Process and co-ordinate for Payment Proposal approvals as per the timelines agreed with the client.
- Analyze and handle all affidavit of forgery recoveries on fraudulent bank checks.
- Process all inquiries related to local check printing; special handling checks and requests from various departments.
- To address check status inquiry, check pulls and issuance of stop payments for request received from Accounts Payable staff.
- Research and resolve the checks listed on the monthly Bank Reconciliation Report.
- Answer departmental phone and assist warehouse; DSD correspondence and A/R correspondence vendors. Route all other calls to the appropriate department for handling.
SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Min 2 years of Accounts Payables experience is required.
- Good typing skills with 80% + accuracy
- Prior experience on retail accounts payables is preferred.
- An Associate Degree in Accounting or related area is preferred.
- A High School degree or equivalent and one to two years work experience is required.
- Experience in Microsoft Office 2003/2010 (Access, Word, Excel).
- Require strong computer skills including the ability to run ERP Excel Query/Uploads. Access skills must include the ability to change query criteria to achieve an end result. Manipulate data in Excel which includes building spreadsheets and writing formulas.
If you meet the above requirements, please APPLY NOW or send resume to Amanda.Dittrich@adeccona.com or call 401-273-2300