Under close supervision of the Accounts Payable Supervisor responsible for supporting the accounts payable activities in the facility performing tasks requiring quick resolution of issues.
- Performs daily accounts payable activities such as maintenance of the general ledger and preparation of various accounting statements and financial reports.
- Responsible for preparing all payables and completing all standard operating procedures as required.
- Makes calls to vendors to clarify any questionable invoice items prices or signatures; calls department for proper information and or data regarding invoice payments.
- Facilitates the payment process by ensuring all required documentation is accompanied with the payment request.
- Takes phone calls and responds to any questions from departments or vendors as it relates to invoice payments.
- Maintains frequent contact with internal and external customers in order to address all payment issues.
- Assists other corporate associates and the Regional Director of Finance.
- May assist other Accounts Payable Clerks in departmental initiatives.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Requires broad training in fields such as business administration accountancy sales marketing computer sciences or similar vocations generally obtained through completion of a four year bachelor's degree program or equivalent combination of experience and education. Normally requires two (2) to three (3) years of experience.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Knowledge of general accounting principles
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills
- Strong organizational skills; attention to detail
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word Excel and PowerPoint
A little about us:
Where knowledge, reach and partnership shape healthcare delivery.