Accounts Payable Clerk
Arconic Fastening Systems & Rings (AFSR) is seeking an Accounts Payable Clerk. This position is located in our Fontana, CA location.
Arconic Fastening Systems & Rings (AFSR) serves the global aerospace, automotive, and commercial transportation markets with the most specialized engineering, highest quality, and the greatest breadth and depth of fastening system solutions and seamless rolled rings in our industry. Headquartered in Torrance, CA; AFSR employs 8,000 people in 13 countries at 38 locations. SUMMARY
Processing vendor invoices including matching correct purchase order, general ledger coding, checking for correct extensions and preparing input documents for accounts payable system. Processing payment of vendor invoices. Preparing weekly trackers for open invoices and monthly accrual reports for month end purpose. Key Responsibilities:
- Duties and responsibilities include the following; other duties may be required and assigned at any time.
- Checks all direct voucher invoices for proper approvals.
- Checks PO receipts and process invoices accordingly.
- Processes vendor invoices through all steps in the accounts payable cycle.
- Maintains trackers for unprocessed invoices and publish weekly.
- Prepares accounts payable checks and wire transfer requests.
- Prints all accounts payable reports and maintains all accounts payable files.
- Answers vendor inquiries.
- Prepares journal entries, as required.
- Prepares analysis of accounts, as required.
- Assists in monthly closings.
- Records and tracks any supplier deposits.
- Prepares invoice deduction notices, as necessary.
- Trace transactions through accounting records to determine source of any discrepancies.
- Assists with monthly audit processes
- Liaison with accounts receivable for any intergroup related activities.
- Assists with accounts receivable and special projects, as necessary.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Familiar with ERP systems
Basic QualificationsBasic Qualifications:
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions and percentages. Ability to apply concepts of basic mathematics.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Education High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum one of year of experience working in Finance/Accounts Payable
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
A little about us:
Arconic Inc. (NYSE: ARNC) creates breakthrough products that shape industries. Working in close partnership with our customers, we solve complex engineering challenges to transform the way we fly, drive, build and power. Through the ingenuity of our people and cutting-edge advanced manufacturing, we deliver these products at a quality and efficiency that ensures customer success and shareholder value.