The Accounts Payable Lead Coordinator is responsible for general accounting and administrative support for the Accounts Payable functions within Global Business Services (GBS). Primary responsibilities are processing vendor invoices, supporting the Shire Business departments and leading and supporting the Accounts Payable staff regarding day to day responsibilities or projects.
Processes invoices in JD Edwards / SAP / ReadSoft
Assist in follow-up and resolution of vendor issues in the A/P mailbox and personal email. Coordinates invoice review. Interfaces with in-house personnel regarding accounts payable issues. Provides support and leadership to the AP Staff. Collaborate with other Lead AP staff on projects.
Assist Manager with special projects as needed.
Education & Experience Requirements:
• 3 to 5 years' experience in accounts payable.
• Associate or Bachelor degree preferred.
• Experience in service-oriented or regulated industries would be a plus.
• Bilingual in English and Spanish and/or Portuguese required.
Key Skills, Abilities, and Competencies:
• Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, and Outlook. Experience with invoice processing in JD Edwards and/or SAP preferred.
• Requires strong attention to detail in composing and proofing materials, establishing priorities, scheduling and meeting deadlines.
• Must be able to work in a fast paced environment with demonstrated ability to manage multiple competing tasks and demands.
• Ability to communicate effectively with contract organizations and respond to inquiries or complaints.
• Requires an organized person that can lead the staff in a group project
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Ability to work independently, take initiative and complete tasks to deadlines.
• A demonstrated customer service focus will be another critical success factor for this position. This is a service organization and that will require the highest commitment to understanding customer needs and meeting/exceeding their expectations.
• Must ensure all communications and interactions are professional, courteous and show a desire to be of service.
• Good knowledge of the various systems used by Shire for Procure to Pay and Accounts Payable.
• Dealing with changes to the Delegation of Authority matrix, on an ad hoc but also a "wholesale" basis
Shire is the leading global biotechnology company focused on serving people with rare diseases and other highly specialized conditions. We have best-in-class products available in more than 100 countries across core therapeutic areas including Hematology, Immunology, Neuroscience, Lysosomal Storage Disorders, Gastrointestinal / Internal Medicine / Endocrine and Hereditary Angioedema; a growing franchise in Oncology; and an emerging, innovative pipeline in Ophthalmics.
Our employees come to work every day with a shared mission: to develop and deliver breakthrough therapies for the hundreds of millions of people in the world affected by rare diseases and other high-need conditions, and who lack effective therapies to live their lives to the fullest.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Shire is an equal opportunity employer. Shire evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law - Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Shire is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please call 484-595-8400 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
A little about us:
At Shire, we help people with rare diseases and specialized conditions live their lives to the fullest.