Based on the size of the BSCs and the related organizational structures, several Accounts Payable Processors will support the Accounts Payable function within a BSC. The Accounts Payable Processor is responsible for the daily processing of invoices for the BSC. These activities may include: obtaining approvals for payment; matching invoices to purchase orders; preparation and coding of invoices; entry of invoices into the accounting system; preparation and entry of expense report reimbursements/petty cash reimbursements; branch and plant communications to resolve issues; vendor correspondence and reconciliations; purchasing card administration and discount management. The Accounts Payable Processor should have prior accounts payable experience, preferably in a high-volume environment. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Include the following:
- Check and process all invoices for payment, including obtaining approvals and coding to the appropriate cost center and general ledger account.
- Input invoices relating to purchase orders into the payables system, verifying vendor, product, quantity and dollars charged between purchase order information and invoice.
- Conduct necessary research to obtain invoice, receiver or other documentation in order to process payments in a timely manner.
- Maintain the invoice "Holds" file and clear discrepancies in order to make payment.
- Reconcile vendor statements, researching and rectifying discrepancies. Process discount invoices in a timely manner to capture all available discounts.
- Prepare invoice deduction notices as necessary.
- Verify and apply, if necessary, sales/use tax.
- Answer/address vendor and branch location inquiries.
- Generate accounts payable reports and maintain spreadsheets relating to coding, pricing and accruals.
- Assist with monthly closing processes.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- A successful candidate should possess strong data entry skills and familiarity with accounts payable procedures including: discounts, vendor reconciliations, purchase orders, approvals, expense reports, petty cash and purchasing cards.
- A successful candidate will also possess knowledge of basic accounting principles.
The successful candidate will possess:
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Speed and accuracy.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a fast-paced team.
- Desire to learn and continually improve skills and techniques.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum one year of high volume accounts payable experience required (1500 - 2000 invoices/month).
- Proficient with MC Office (Excel and Word), experience with SAP and/or ERP systems a plus.
- Ability to perform analysis of spreadsheets relating to accounts payable entry and general accounting, calculate figures and amounts including unit of measure issues, discounts and tax.
- Must have ability to communicate effectively with external suppliers, internal branch personnel and all levels of management. Maintain politeness and professionalism with company associates and outside vendors.
- Ability to perform a variety of tasks, work independently and meet deadlines.
- Ability to read and interpret operating instructions and procedure manuals, as well as the ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and juggle between processing, research, projects and other duties as assigned.
- Familiarity with manufacturing or distribution business is a plus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Able to talk, hear, walk, sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel or crouch.
- Specific vision abilities to include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to focus objects.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Qualifications: EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate and the work environment is an office setting.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.
A little about us:
Airgas is a company of hardworking men and women dedicated to helping our customers succeed.