Location: Naugatuck, Connecticut
Posted: January 25, 2017
Reference ID: 1888388820
Seeking applicants to handle all of the accounting needs of the company. The handling and monitoring of accounts receivables and payables is a core duty. Working with and posting to the general ledger as well the reconciliation of all bank and credit card accounts is part of the responsibility of this position. In addition the processing and monitoring of the payroll is part of this positions duties.
• Process all AP bills and bill payments in accordance with the suppliers terms and conditions.
• Processes all incoming payments of AR and places collection calls if needed.
• Reconciles all bank accounts and credit card accounts. Coding all expenses in accordance with ITD's chart of accounts.
• Audits petty cash.
• Compiles the payroll information and enters it into the payroll providers system.
• Performs credit checks on new and existing customer accounts.
No instruction on routine work; general instructions on new assignments.
Required to have two-year or four-year degree in business, accounting
Required knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
Preferred to be proficient in MS Office
Preferred to have two years¿ experience in an accounting or bookkeeping role
Required ability to prioritize
Required to possess strong verbal and written communication skills
Required to have attention to detail
Preferred to have the ability to learn multiple ERP/Financial accounting software systems