Accounts Receivable Clerk II
Under close supervision of the Accounts Receivable Supervisor responsible for performing tasks requiring quick resolution of issues; includes providing account reconciliation, collecting past due balance, and performing payment research.
1. Identifies payment discrepancies and initiates collections or disputes resolution process; performs follow up procedures as needed.
2. Performs in-depth customer payment analysis to properly record actions required to resolve disputed items.
3. Maintains frequent contact with internal and external customers in order to address their past due balance.
4. Assists other corporate associates and the Regional Director of Credit in their collection and/or reconciliation efforts for certain Hospitals, Pharmacies, national and/or governmental accounts.
5. Performs related duties as assigned.
Requires broad training in fields such as business administration accountancy sales marketing computer sciences or similar vocations generally obtained through completion of a two year associate's degree program or equivalent
combination of experience and education. Normally requires one (1) to two (2) years directly related and progressively responsible experience.
1. Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
2. Knowledge of general accounting principles
3. Familiarity with credit and collection operations procedures including reconciliation of A/R activity
4. Strong interpersonal skills
5. Good negotiating skills
6. Strong organizational skills; attention to detail
7. Strong business to business collection experience
8. Strong knowldege of Microsoft Word Excel and PowerPoint