Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects. I. Job Summary
Processes and records basic accounts receivable transactions. Handles a high volume of phone calls and email correspondence to research basic accounts receivable transactions, investigate disputes, and processes corrections as required II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
To be successful in this position, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
- Verifies and posts billing and payment transaction received through lockbox and online bill payment options.
- Handle requests for payment application status, payment issues, billing issues, business critical issues, refunds, and a variety of other customer service duties
- Receive approximately 45-50 calls per day, recording and creating a ticket to document each call received
- Assist team to meet service level agreement (SLA): begin work on all requests within 48 hours, maintian ACD abandoment rate of 3% and average speed of answer of 20 seconds
- Provide feedback to manager regarding identification of inquiry trends
- Identify opportunities for process improvement/tool application
- Flexible to work hours as required of job (three shifts - 7am-4pm, 8am-5pm, 9am-6pm and overtime as needed) (hiring shift is 9am to 6pm, Mon-Fri)
This position has no supervisory duties. IV. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
- Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, etc) most of the work day ;
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects less than 30 pounds rarely ;
- Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, etc) rarely ;
- Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements rarely ;
- Normal setting for this job is: office setting.
- Required to support and open communication and work in a team environment, where individual performance is measured,
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform in this position.
A. Education and Experience
• Required: High school diploma or G.E.D,
• Minimum one year AR (or comparable accounting) experience
• Minimum one year Customer Service experience in a high-volume call center (or comparable) environment
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
• None required.
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
• Basic keyboarding and ten-key functions
• Basic computer skills
• Be adaptable to change, flexible, team-oriented, and possess a postive attitude
• Analytical, problem-solving, decision making abilitiies Benefits
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply."
Waste Management, Inc. is North America's leading provider of integrated environmental solutions.