**COMMERICAL AND/OR B2B COLLECTIONS EXPERIENCE ONLY**
**DIRECT HIRE OPPORTUNITY**
JOB SUMMARY: Based on the size of the BSCs and the related organizational structures, several Customer Service Representative ("CSR") - AR Collectors will support the Credit and Collections function within a BSC. The CSR - AR Collector is responsible for the daily tasks related to collection efforts of a portfolio of customer accounts. The CSR - AR Collector will effectively communicate and support the Division's collection goals, while providing quality customer service. The CSR - AR Collector will obtain an understanding of Company policies and procedures, and will actively pursue knowledge of skills and tools to be used in all collection efforts. Recognition of significant credit risks and escalation of these matters are critical. Collection efforts are time sensitive, requiring excellent skills in organization and management of time, efforts, and resources. From time to time, research will be required, the CSR - AR Collector will employ skills and resources to achieve a thorough understanding of information.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Include the following:
• Identify account risks, potential credit problems, disputes, and other customer issues. Generates reports and communicates potential risks to Division Accounts Receivable Supervisor, as well as field contacts (Branch Manager, Account Manager, Area Sales Manager). Escalate significant matters to Division Accounts Receivable Supervisor.
• Contact customers regarding invoices / accounts which are past due. Provide information as requested in order to facilitate a quick remittance. Obtain future pay information.
• Corrects errors, including misapplied payments, reversed late charges and over payments.
• Documentation is critical, log conversations, e-mails and other communications. Organize documentation as to facilitate follow-up efforts. Initiate appropriate follow-up action on mail returned as undeliverable.
• Maintain quality relationships with branch managers, account managers and area sales managers. These relationships can be critical with collection efforts. Involve regional managers when possible and keep them informed of issues at all times.
• Prioritize portfolio so that collection efforts result in maximum benefits. Watch for key indicators that a customer account is falling behind, becoming delinquent.
• Work closely with cylinder control when investigating cylinder disputes.
• Review CS2 education courses frequently so that collection efforts do not damage customer relationships.
• Special projects and other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• A proven track record of success in prior credit and collection roles, a plus.
• An ability to see the credit operation as a financially oriented customer service function which balances cost control with support for the business.
• The successful candidate must have a strong "client service" mindset and the ability to use collaborative and non-adversarial approaches in achieving diverse goals.
PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS: The successful candidate will possess:
• Good organizational and people skills. The ability to work and navigate within a complex matrixed organization.
• Strong communication and customer service skills and a quality mindset.
• The ability to adapt to a rapidly-changing environment and understand/utilize new technologies and tools.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Some commercial collection experience preferred.
• Understanding of quality customer service and the relationship to collection efforts.
• Experience with SAP and/or ERP systems a plus, basic excel experience.
• Ability to manage multiple priorities.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Able to talk, hear, walk sit; use hands to finger", handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel or crouch.
• Specific vision abilities to include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to focus objects.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate and the work environment is an office setting.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.
A little about us:
Airgas is a company of hardworking men and women dedicated to helping our customers succeed.