Under general supervision of the A/R Supervisor and Credit Manager, responsible for collecting past due receivables, and performing tasks requiring quick resolution of issues; includes providing account reconciliation or coordinating resolution through other areas of the company. PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Contacting customers to resolve past-due receivables and to meet or exceed assigned collection goals.
2. Handle inbound telephone calls and identifies payment discrepancies, and initiates dispute resolution process to facilitate rapid turnaround in collection effort; performs follow up procedures as needed.
3. Maintains frequent contact with internal and external customers in order to address all payment issues.
4. Garners the assistance of other corporate associates and Sales in collection and/or reconciliation efforts for certain national and/or governmental accounts.
5. Performs related duties as assigned. Qualifications: EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
Requires broad training in fields such as business administration, accountancy, sales, marketing, computer sciences or similar vocations generally obtained through completion of a two-year associate degree program or equivalent combination of experience and education. Normally requires two (2) to four (4) years directly related and progressively responsible experience.
MINIMUM SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Knowledge of general accounting principles
- Familiarity with credit and collection operations procedures, including reconciliation of A/R activity
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Good negotiating skills
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills
- Strong organizational skills; attention to detail
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint