Accounts Receivable Specialist
Airgas is one of the nation's leading suppliers of industrial, medical and specialty gases, and hardgoods, such as welding equipment and related products. Airgas is a leading U.S. producer of atmospheric gases with 16 air separation plants, a leading producer of carbon dioxide, dry ice, and nitrous oxide, one of the largest U.S. suppliers of safety products, and a leading U.S. supplier of refrigerants, ammonia products, and process chemicals. We have more than 16,000 associates working in approximately 1,100 locations nationwide. Airgas is a company of hard-working men and women dedicated to helping our customers succeed. When a challenge arises, we provide the right solutions, leveraging our many years of industry process expertise and our extensive gases, welding, and safety products offering.
Customer Service Representative ("CSR") - AR Specialists will support the Credit and Collections function within a Business Support Center. The CSR - AR Specialist is responsible for the daily tasks related to research efforts required for a portfolio of customer accounts. The CSR - AR Specialist will effectively communicate and support the Division's collection goals, while providing quality customer service. The CSR - AR Specialist will obtain an understanding of Company policies and procedures, and will actively pursue knowledge of skills and tools to be used in all research and collection efforts. Recognition of significant credit risks and escalation of these matters are critical. Collection efforts are time sensitive, requiring excellent skills in organization and management of time, efforts and resources.
ACCOUNTABILITIES AND JOB DUTIES:
• This position is part of the AR Specialist Phone Team responsible for incoming phone calls, taking customer payments over the phone, gathering information sufficient to allow resolution of disputed Accounts Receivable items, work through incoming mail, respond to customer emails, and to provide various types of information when requested. This position may also be assigned to work a portfolio of disputed items or projects as needed. • Assist in the identification of account risks, potential credit problems, disputes and other customer issues. Communicate potential risks to Division Accounts Receivable Supervisor and related AR Collector.
• If required, contact customers regarding invoices / accounts which are past due. Provide information as requested in order to facilitate a quick remittance. Obtain future pay information.
• Correct errors, including misapplied payments, reversed late charges and over payments.
• When disputes are identified, provide detailed research. Research individual documents for proof of deliveries, cylinder exchange, contract pricing and so forth. Employ all research skills so that a complete understanding of the dispute is obtained and can be adequately communicated to customer and/or AR Collector.
• Documentation is critical, log conversations, e-mails and other communications related to collection efforts. Organize documentation as to facilitate follow up efforts. Initiate appropriate follow-up action on mail returned as undeliverable.
• Maintain quality relationships with AR Collectors as well as branch managers, account managers and area sales managers. These relationships can be critical with collection efforts. Involve regional managers when possible and keep them informed of issues at all times.
• Work closely with cylinder control when investigating a cylinder dispute.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• 1 to 3 years high volume commercial collection experience and/or Accounts Receivable experience preferred.
• Quality customer service skills and an understanding of the relationship to collection efforts.
• Ability to manage multiple priorities.
• Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, and Outlook)
• Experience with SAP and/or ERP systems a plus
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.
A little about us:
Airgas is a company of hardworking men and women dedicated to helping our customers succeed.