Accounts Receivable Specialist
Our client company is offering an excellent opportunity for a recent college graduate in Accounts Receivable.
Candidates must be dependable, have an understanding of basic accounting, excellent follow-up and strong attention to detail.
Job Functions & Qualifications:
- Maintain accounts receivable customer files with up-to-date billing information
- Follow-up, collection and allocation of payments
- Carry out billing and reporting activities according to specific deadlines
- Reconciliation of accounts
- Follow established procedures for processing and posting daily cash receipts, cash etc.
- Prepare bank deposits
- Process adjustments (debit / credit memos)
- Organizing a recovery system and initiate collection efforts
- Communicating with customers via phone, email or mail
- Investigate and resolve customer queries
- Monitoring customer account details for non-payments, delayed payments and other irregularities
- Notify operations of issues related to outstanding AR
- Meet with Controller weekly to address problems and review progress
- Experience with Great Plains or Field Point a plus
- 1-2 years of experience in an administrative, customer service, or related setting
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Business or Accounting
Benefits (once hired perm):
- Vacation/Sick and Paid Holidays
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life/Short-Term Disability
This will be a temp to hire role in West Houston paying $14-$15/hour.
A little about us:
We partner with people to improve skills, teams and lives every day, and we help them achieve more than they ever thought possible.