Let’s talk about building a rewarding career
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a diversified, community-based financial services company with $1.8 trillion in assets. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial finance through 8,700 locations, 13,000 ATMs, the internet (wellsfargo.com) and mobile banking, and has offices in 36 countries to support customers who conduct business in the global economy. With approximately 265,000 team members, Wells Fargo serves one in three households in the United States. Wells Fargo & Company was ranked No. 30 on Fortune’s 2015 rankings of America’s largest corporations. Wells Fargo’s vision is to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. Wells Fargo perspectives are also available at Wells Fargo Blogs and Wells Fargo Stories.
Wells Fargo is seeking a highly motivated individual to join our Enterprise Controls & Oversight (EC&O) Issue Management and Reporting team (resides within Corporate Controllers) and will have enterprise-wide exposure to key stakeholders within the external financial/risk/regulatory reporting infrastructure.
The successful candidate will be a highly motivated team player that is a self-starter who is accustomed to working in complex organizations with a diverse group of stakeholders, and someone who is able to withstand challenges and adapt accordingly. This individual should have COSO and/or Issue Management experience and practical experience with financial reports filed with the regulatory agencies (FRB, OCC, FDIC). Additionally, the candidate should possess a significant amount of professional presence and be accustomed to presenting material to senior executives. The candidate should be flexible, be able to withstand challenges and adapt accordingly.
The Issue Management & Reporting team supports the Company’s on-going objective of maintaining an industry leading financial reporting control environment that is responsible for the following directives:
- Providing meaningful assessments of financial, risk, and regulatory reporting control environment;
- Monitoring issues associated with compliance of Well Fargo & Company’s COSO based policies for internal controls over financial reporting (SEC and Regulatory Reporting) and other significant policies managed by EC&O;
- Providing consultation and subject matter expertise for process and control related remediation matters including evaluating severity of control deficiencies and related remediation efforts
- Monitoring the appropriateness of remediation actions and the status of progress on those items
- Providing guidance, oversight and training on Issue Management procedures and documentation to Lines of Business and Corporate Functions
- Identifying thematic or emerging deficiency matters and remediation trends by evaluating issues sourced from various monitoring activities
- Escalating significant trends and issues appropriate stakeholders, including governance and oversight committees;
- Providing Issue Management support and thought leadership for projects;
- Acting as a change agent for continual improvement of the control environment.
This individual will be responsible for the following team directives:
- Partner with Lines of Business, Corporate Functions, and COSO testing and documentation team to monitor Line of Business and Corporate Function’s remediation progress of open control deficiencies, including escalation as necessary
- Perform credible challenge of control deficiency severity, root cause, reporting impact and planned corrective actions
- Build strong relationships and collaborate with key stakeholders in the SEC, Regulatory and Risk Reporting internal control infrastructures, including issue owners, COSO testing and documentation team, Risk and Regulatory Data Program Office, Internal Audit, and others to drive resolution of key issues and enhance the end-to-end reporting control environment
- Provide Line of Business and Corporate Function as well as relevant report specific views on status of remediation and compliance, including any stratification, analysis, or aging of issues
- Analyzing the severity of control deficiencies, both individually and in the aggregate, and the impact to internal control over financial reporting
- Assisting with other Issue Management projects and initiatives as necessary
- 4+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: accounting, consulting, or public accounting
- Risk and regulatory compliance experience
- Knowledge and understanding of Shared Risk Platform (SHRP) such as reporting and issue management
- Intermediate Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint) skills
- Experience consulting with internal clients and business
- Knowledge and understanding of project management and implementation
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to take on a high level of responsibility, initiative, and accountability
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and across all organizational levels, where flexibility, collaboration, and adaptability are important
- Ability to work and influence successfully within a matrix environment and build effective business partnerships with all levels of team members
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.