US Citizenship Required
Candidates will be considered for various ATS roles (DoE) for the Public Sector Federal team located on the West coast.
Take the opportunity to help reinvent productivity as an Account Technology Strategist. The Account Technology Strategist is a virtual Chief Technology Officer for our customers and engages with customer business and IT decision makers to articulate how Microsoft can enable them to achieve their IT and business goals.
As an Account Technology Strategist, you will add value by:
• Building Trusted Relationships with customer Decision Makers, including their Chief Technology and Information Officers, and decision makers within the customer’s business units.
• Sharing your broad knowledge of the Microsoft Platform, our competition, and the industry to create a vision of how Microsoft can be the customer’s best partner to take their business to new heights.
• Gathering and sharing broad insights about customers and the IT Technology landscape with your Microsoft colleagues.
• Demonstrating technical leadership by working with your team and Microsoft resources to leverage Microsoft Cloud Technologies to drive Customer Success.
• Promote the long-term growth of Microsoft through the sales, adoption and sustained usage of our cloud solutions by customers.
Microsoft Account Technology Specialists are unique in their:
- Broad knowledge of the Microsoft Enterprise Platform and ability to map relevant Microsoft Technologies to the customers
- IT and Business needs and priorities.
- Ability to build long-term Trusted Technology Relationships that result in solid and meaningful Strategic Technology conversations.
- In-depth knowledge of customers’ Technology environments.
- Ability to ensure that customers benefit from the latest Microsoft Innovations and Solutions.
- Focus on long-term, sustainable market share and usage growth
Experiences Required: Education, Key Experiences, Skills and Knowledge:
• Strong ability to learn quickly, adapt, and master new concepts and technologies to be able to impact their adoption and usage.
• Proven technical acumen
• Experience in Consultative Selling is highly desired.
• Extensive experience in working within teams is preferred.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with equally good listening skills is preferred
• Experience in Project Management is recommended.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a similar information technology-related or engineering discipline required.
• Master’s degree preferred.
• Certification in sales, sales management, complex sales training, sales methodologies, presentation skills, and consultative selling preferred.
• Additional training or education in Business, Sales or Marketing preferred.
8 – 10 years of related experience, would equate to someone with technical selling experience in the Public Sector field positioning technical solutions to public sector decision makers both hardware and software, including cloud and devices.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.