Acct Tech Strategist
Account Technology Strategist North Central Region Location: Illinois (Downers Grove or Chicago area) Take the opportunity to help reinvent productivity as an Account Technology Strategist. The Account Technology Strategist is a virtual Chief Technology Officer for our customers and engages with customer business and IT decision makers to articulate how Microsoft can enable them to achieve their IT and business goals.
As an Account Technology Strategist, you will add value by:
• Building Trusted Relationships with customer Decision Makers,
including their Chief Technology and Information Officers, and
decision makers within the customer’s business units.
• Sharing your broad knowledge of the Microsoft Platform, our
competition, and the industry to create a vision of how
Microsoft can be the customer’s best partner to take their
business to new heights.
• Gathering and sharing broad insights about customers and the
IT Technology landscape with your Microsoft colleagues.
• Demonstrating technical leadership by working with your team
and Microsoft resources to leverage Microsoft Cloud
Technologies to drive Customer Success.
• Promote the long-term growth of Microsoft through the
adoption and sustained usage of our cloud solutions by
Microsoft Account Technology Specialists are unique in their:
• Broad knowledge of the Microsoft Enterprise Platform and
ability to map relevant Microsoft Technologies to the
customers’ IT and Business needs and priorities.
• Ability to build long-term Trusted Technology Relationships that
result in solid and meaningful Strategic Technology
• In-depth knowledge of customers? Technology environments.
• Ability to ensure that customers benefit from the latest
Microsoft Innovations and Solutions.
• Focus on long-term, sustainable Growth.
• Key knowledge of Cloud technologies and Consumption
Experiences Required: Education, Key Experiences, Skills and Knowledge:
• Ten-plus years of related experience required.
• Sales Experience is required.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a
similar information technology-related discipline required.
• Experience in Consultative Selling is highly desired.
• Extensive experience in working within teams is required.
• Experience in Project Management is recommended.
• Supervisory experience is preferable
• Have worked within Fortune 500 accounts or business is
• Have worked at or with an Airline or Airline industry is not
required but preferred.
• Master’s degree preferred.
• Certification in sales, sales management, complex sales
training, sales methodologies, presentation skills, and
consultative selling preferred.
• Additional training or education in Business, Sales or Marketing
• Certification in Microsoft or relevant cloud, data center, or
mobility technologies recommended.
Microsoft envisions a world where passionate innovators come to collaborate, envisioning what can be and taking their careers places, they simply couldn’t anywhere else. This is a world of more possibility, more innovation, more openness, and sky’s-the-limit thinking - a cloud-enabled world. Our mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. This mission is ambitious and at the core of what our customers and employees care deeply about. We have unique capability in harmonizing the needs of both individuals and organizations. We deeply care about taking our ideals and vision global and making a difference in lives and organizations in all corners of the planet. We are always learning. Insatiably curious. We lean into uncertainty, take risks, and learn quickly from our mistakes. We build on each other’s ideas because we are better together. We stand in awe of what humans dare to achieve and are motivated every day to empower others to do more and achieve more through our technology and innovation. Together we make a difference.
To learn more about Microsoft’s mission, please visit: <https://careers.microsoft.com/mission-culture> Check out all of our products at: <http://www.microsoft.com/en-us> At Microsoft, we believe that diversity enriches our performance and products, the communities where we live and work, and the lives of our employees. As our workforce evolves to reflect the growing diversity of our communities and the global marketplace, our efforts to understand, value, and incorporate differences become increasingly important. Come explore diversity at Microsoft!
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.