Job Location: United States : Florida : Tampa
This team member will be responsible for preparing quarterly and annual investment reporting, primarily for mortgage loans, on a GAAP and Statutory basis for the 10-Q, 10-K, footnotes, MD&A, QFS, statutory financial statements and annual SSAP97 audited financial statements. This team member will also participate in special projects related to process improvements, process flow and system issues to prevent risk of inaccurate reporting.
- Prepare SSAP 97 audits
- Coordinate embedded value reconciliations
- Lead financial statement and footnote preparation for GAAP and STAT audits.
- Review Statutory Blue Book mortgage loan schedules
- Prepare and or review GAAP and STAT based management reports
- Partner with operations and GAAP and Statutory reporting
- Provide information for Annual and Quarterly rating agency surveys
- Analyze proposed/current accounting pronouncements for potential implications on the financial statements and implement new
- Respond to questions from external and internal auditors, front office and financial reporting teams regarding mortgage loan reporting and other mortgage loan related items
- Assist in the preparation and maintenance of the team’s policy and procedural manual
- Prepare ad hoc reporting as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience in the Insurance Industry
- Knowledge of GAAP & STAT accounting
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills (macros, pivot tables and advanced formulas)
- Experience with the uses of financial reporting systems (Smartview, PeopleSoft and HFM)
- Mortgage and real estate experience preferred
- 20 years accounting/reporting experience required
- Completion of or progress towards CPA or MBA preferred
Reporting & Analytics
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.