114 5th Ave (22114), United States of America, New York, New York
Active Directory Engineer
Active Directory Engineer
Capital One is looking for an Active Directory Engineer within the Identity and Access Management organization who will be responsible for providing operational, engineering, and project support for an enterprise Active Directory environment. The Active Directory Engineer is considered to be the expert in the operations of Active Directory and should have expert level experience supporting large-scale and highly complex environments. Individual must be self-motivated and must be able to work well in a geographically dispersed, virtual team environment.
Candidates for this role should have expert level knowledge of Active Directory and a strong foundation in other Directory Service technologies and be passionate about delivering a secure, stable and continually improving environment that enables Capital One to meet its objectives. Candidates should welcome the challenge of integrating new technologies into production as well as the opportunity to work on cloud based platforms such as AWS, Azure, and Office 365.
- Lead complex or high severity troubleshooting and incident problem resolutions with other infrastructure teams, including AD operations, storage, messaging, server and network
- Analyze, engineer, and implement highly complex, enterprise level Active Directory solutions
- Translate business needs into workable technology solutions that meet the needs of internal customers
- Act as a project lead or participate as a team member on projects involving Active Directory
- Perform Active Directory responsibilities such as domain controller promotion and demotion, organizational unit setup and delegation of administration, group policy creation and modification, administration of AD sites, subnets and site links, and schema changes
- Develop detailed architecture, standards, design, and implementation documentation
- Analyze current Active Directory environment to identify both technical and operational challenges and develop continuous improvement action plans
- Participate in capacity planning, performance monitoring and maintenance to ensure high availability and proactively identify opportunities for service improvement
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent certification, or military experience
- At least 2 years of Active Directory engineering experience that includes designing, implementing and maintaining complex enterprise level Active Directory solutions
- At least 2 years of experience providing operational support for large-scale enterprise level Active Directory environments
- At least 2 years of experience in implementing Windows security concepts and policies
- At least 2 year of experience with integration of applications with Active Directory via LDAP and Kerberos for authentication and authorization
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or Mathematics
- 2+ years of experience with Windows Server 2012 Active Directory
- 2+ years of experience in scripting in languages such as VBScript or PowerShell to develop complex automation scripts
- 1+ year of experience with cloud environments such as AWS and Azure Active Directory
- 1+ year of experience with additional directory technologies such as ADAM, LDS, FIM and Azure AD Sync
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.